1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

booked bally's but second guessing now

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by gerry53, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi,

I booked a weekend at the d and 5 nites at bally`s for a change as I have stayed downtown the past few trips.

I can just stay at the d the whole time and save a bit over $100 and the room at the d is nice.

now I read that bally`s charges you an early checkin fee which really makes me want to just stay downtown and bus or drive to the strip.

the only drawback in july is the d pool is not too good but there are lots of pools you can visit even if you don`t stay there.

plaza has a nice pool but not sure if they will let you use it if not a guest.

2. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Understandable about the second guessing. Next month I'm at the Golden Gate for the weekend, moving to Rio that Monday. The Rio has nice pools, and the rooms were comped. Not quite the strip, but easy enough to get over there. Also, since I'm downtown first, I'm OK with leaving my bags at the bell desk until check in time. I'm not going to be straight off a plane and wanting to freshen up.

Have you though about Rio? It seems like they're always cheaper than Bally's. Seems like a good compromise between wanting a pool, but saving the $.

I've stayed downtown my last few trips, and while I like it, I do enjoy wandering the strip and the different things you can do there. Always a tough choice.

3. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay at ballys. The rooms are good and it's easy to get upgraded to a better room. The stage door is across the street for cheap essentials for your room or 2.50 hot dog and beer. It will be a nice change from downtown.

B

4. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do agree that bally`s is a great location.

ellis island right out the back door and my favorite breakfast is mon gabi on the patio at paris.

the change will be good I guess

5. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Rio in May for the first time and loved it. Great pool and although my room was comped, i used the $20 tip and got a Premium room in the Ipinema Tower with a Strip view overlooking the pools.
    As others have said, i would stay at Bally's for the 5 nights. I will be at Bally's for 5 nights in November.

6. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have stayed at Ballys 5 times the past year and a half and each time checked in before 10:00 a.m. (3 times before 9:00 a.m.) and was never charged a fee for early check in (gold level). When we book we specifically state an early check in before 10 a.m.

p

7. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Were you there on a comp or other player's club deal?

The last time at Paris I got held up for an early check-in fee, my friend on a comp did not. (Paris & Bally's share the same systems, policies, etc.)

8. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep Ballys. Its a great location and you will enjoy being center strip

9. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A number of days were comped with the balance at a very low rate. Players club or not it doesnt matter if your checking in before 10:00 a.m., we actually checked in several times at the platinum area of the counter because the other desk person was with a guest. I will add that check in lines seem to be longer after 3:00 p.m. but I think that is due to the number of bus groups that use Ballys.

p

10. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I am missing something, but can't you just request a late check out at the D (I can't imagine why they wouldn't let you stay until 1PM for free checking out on a Sunday/Monday, by the time you get to the strip it will be around 2PM and at Ballys on a weekday I can't imagine they don't have a room ready to roll for you at that hour. If not, 3PM check out wont be far out. Just grab a bite, sit at a machine, sit at the bar etc.

11. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's

We just returned from Bally's and it was great. We arrived at 9 am and used the $20/trick. They checked us in right away, upgraded to the north tower and brought us a fridge. It was great. We bought beverages, etc. across the street. We brought beverages & food to the pool which is nice because it isn't crowded at all and you get a lot of sun. You will love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.