1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Scarpetta vs. Sinatra?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Jennylove59, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennylove59

Jennylove59 Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So after looking over the menus and reviews hundreds of reviews I am stuck between these two. Originally we were thinking Circo and then I found Sinatra. Well now I have stumbled upon Scarpetta. The menu at Scarpetta does look more appealing but there aren't to many reviews about Scarpetta. So for those who have dined at both which did you prefer and why? Price is not an issue and if it matters we will be there during the week. Thanks in advance everyone!

2. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like both, but I prefer Scarpetta . I think the key difference is Sinatra is more of a traditional American Italian restaurant with dishes like chicken parmigiana and lasagna, while Scarpetta has a more modern take on Italian food. I like Scarpetta, because it's a rare restaurant that pleases foodies and "normal people", on the other hand a lot of foodies are going to be bored with Sinatra.

In terms of atmosphere, Sinatra will have a more fine dining feel and Scarpetta, while nice, is a little younger and more energetic (not crazy).

Finally, Sinatra is a little more expensive. So there's that (even though you don't care).

3. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PopM got it right--Sinatra is a gorgeous dining room with good service but a pedestrian, disappointing menu. Scarpetta has a much more adventurous menu, and overall the food is just better.

4. Jennylove59

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the replies. We were leaning towards Scarpetta and I think this helps to sway us in that direction the rest of the way. Any other information anyone can offer?

5. Gdicke13

Gdicke13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only been to sinatra(last year) I feel you can't go wrong. beautiful dining room, superb service. The food is good(chix pram) just not over the top fantastic(I consider g Ramsey steak fantastic. As has been mentioned if you're looking for traditional Italian, this is the place.

6. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good thread! Knowing that Sinatra's is typical American Italian, would it look out of place to just have drinks at the bar? I want to try the Sinatra Smash and it looks interesting.

7. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get a Sinatra Smash at almost all bars throughout Wynncore.

8. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sinatra:
    Atmosphere is better...it is more fine dining feel.
    And the Lasagna is amazing.

9. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Sinatra back in May and really enjoyed it. I had chicken parm which was really good. And to the poster wondering about the Sinatra Smash...I'm a big whiskey drinker so I decided to give it a try and I liked it however it was a little too sweet for something I really enjoy. I wouldn't order it again but it is a good drink to try just to say you have had it...I much prefer a Manhattan with Aria's signature Woodford Reserve

10. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't dined at Sinatra, but for what it's worth, here's our visit to Scarpetta: http://www.omaha-rounders.com/anniversary2/ The food starts about halfway down that page. We had a great time there, and didn't feel stuffy or uncomfortable in any way.

11. Jennylove59

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to say thank you for everyone's input. Just wanted to stop back by and say that I made reservations at Scarpetta. We can hardly wait to dine there! So thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.