1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Arriving after 10pm. Do I get a room on strip?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Sumitup, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumitup

Sumitup Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello we are arriving after 10pm on a Saturday and staying 3 nights. Should I pay for the" weekend premium "room on the strip or just stay at a cheaper hotel for the first night and try for an upgrade to like the Belliagio for Sunday/Monday.
    I would think it would be alot easier to get a great upgrade if we checked in on a Sunday earlier.
    Thanks.

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    u mean today if so its edc weekend and hotels are swamped

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think that on a "normal" weekend, your hypothesis would be true. Hard to imagine many "free" upgrades being available late in the evening.

4. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've actually gotten our best upgrades later in the evening. The clerks know what's going to stay available, and they seem to be more readily able to fill the upgrades since they don't have to hold them for bigger players (they are already checked in or reserved into something).

5. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's been my experience too. They seem stingier with the free upgrades earlier in the day....

10pm isn't that late in Vegas and the Strip is pretty close to the airport. Notwithstanding the upgrade issue, not sure there's much advantage in staying at an airport Motel 6 the first night....

6. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd do the Sunday checkin just to avoid an expensive Sat night especially if you're not even arriving until 10pm.

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I'd just pick one hotel, do you really wanna check out at 11am and then not have anywhere to put your stuff till 4pm when you can check in at your new place? If you have a car, I might do it. Calculate how much money it will save you and if it's worth it. I mean on the weekends it's expensive to stay at the crappy places even.

I mean if it's a $20 room at like Orleans vs a $250 room at Bellagio then ok, but if it's a $150 room.. then is it really worth it? Plus factor in cab fare and all that.

I don't think he meant upgrade his room, I think he meant going from a crappy place to Bellagio to save some money. On that note I always make my trips Sat-Monday vs Fri-Sunday.

8. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Heather. Time in Vegas is precious, and even arriving at 10 you got a good twelve hours of evening left....lol.....

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All depends.

Your budget.

How much you would save, and spend in the process.

Do you mind moving the next day - add in transfer time and cost.

Don't worry about the late afternoon checkin. Even if you can not get your room when you arrive at noon or so, you can check your bags and go about your business.

You just have to weigh all the options.

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, I mean what you'd check in at 4 normally... then go do dinner and whatever till at least 10. Not missing too much. Except the horribly long check inline haha

11. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if the cost and extra hassle would justify not just getting the room on the strip from get go.
    If you plan far enough in advanced and search you should be able to get a good deal.

12. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most hotel will let him check in early sunday morning, at least the nicer ones so u dont have to wait arround all day. You never have to check in twice if the room is not ready early in the morning, they will just text u when your room is ready and you will just go and pick up the keys at least thats my experience. Meanwhile u just leave you bags at the bellhop and go along with your day as usual.

13. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would just go ahead and get the rooms i wanted before hand.

You are asking to get screwed on the price if you dont plus there is about zero guarantee that you will get any sort of upgrade.

Just because you read a lot of positive stories online does not mean that somehow equates to reality.

Think it through. The hotel has a decent idea of who is going to check in that day so they cant really dole out upgrades if you check in real early just to be on the safe side. At 10pm they have a clear idea of who is and who is not there and what is available so that would give you a better chance of being upgraded if something is available.

14. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would try to score something inexpensive off strip (downtown?) for Sat night and use the savings to rent a car. The car will make the transfer from off strip to strip easier, give you a place to keep your luggage, and give you the freedom to explore more of Vegas. It also takes care of your airport transportation. You could probably stay in a nice hotel off strip and save enough over a standard room at the Bellagio on Saturday to pay the rental car for your whole trip and still leave you money left over.

Then, check in early at the Bellagio and get to enjoy your room for more hours per day for less money per day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.