1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It's only June, but I need a NFL fix

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Joe, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It doesn't help the the Brewers are in last place in the Central Division, but I'm already looking forward to the NFL season and there is still ~3 months to go.:cry:

Glad I didn't invest any money in them this year to win the pennant or WS.

Spent it all on the Packers to win the NFC at 6.5 to 1 and 11 to 1 for the SB.

2. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love football season. Currently 77 days 9 hours 42 minutes until kickoff (NFL Thursday night).

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the grantland section on espn's website is running daily articles about NFL as their countdown to the season. Might be something there to get you fired up (and help you forget your Brewers)

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The problem is I'm a friend of NFL.com on Facebook and I'm already getting almost daily stories. Occasionally, I find a story I like, so I don't unfriend them.

5. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, Joe .... You've got your Packer football to look forward to, but we have our current Blackhawks hockey craziness to enjoy now.

The Bears will be a big question mark with their new coaching staff, and my beloved White Sox are in the tank ... stick a fork in 'em.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about needing a fix but only having the weirdest "dealer" on the block. If you sit and think about it you could possibly name 8 teams and their owners. Maybe. But there is one on everybody's list of club owners and that is Jerry Jones. How about THAT image riding toward you on the horizon as the season draws near? Criminey; every year they tell us how good they will be and everyone knows the rest of the story as Jerry works his "magic".....it has come a long way from the days of Jimmy J. leading the team with that hairdo that never moved as he ran onto the field. I imagine when he is sitting on the pre-game show with some of those smirky looking facials he gives it is a result of his mind wandering back to the days of imprisonment in Jerry's World.

And "like father like son" has never been more applicable (sorry Yankee fans) than in this case. The only saving grace for native Texans is the Jer is from Arkansas... (sorry Arkansas).

But yeah, sometimes a fix is a fix no matter the supplier. Best soap in sports......

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear ya... I love sports, though baseball is not my favorite and with basketball concluding last night, it's gonna be a long couple months till college and NFL football arrive on scene. I've gotten into my Cantor Sports Betting app, and find action on selected baseball games, but it's just not the same. Hurry-up football!!!

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy my adult beverages, so hotel reservations already made in Green Bay for Oct 6th and Nov 10th, the two regular season tickets we got this year as season ticket holders in the Gold Package.

Just an explanation...the Packers used to play 1 preseason game and 2 regular season games in Milwaukee and we had season tickets for those and we never missed a game.

Once the Packers cancelled the Milwaukee games, we were given the option of buying what is called the Gold Pkg. It is one preseason game and the 2nd and 5th home games, no matter the opponent and a few times that is MNF. This year it's the Lions & Eagles, both noon Sunday games, central time.

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can name only three owners, Giants, Cowboys, Pats and a fourth if you count the Packers as a local ownership. There is the guy that owns the Vikings, but if this is a Google free test, then I can't name him.

10. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe,

I still have the Pittsburgh and Minnesota games I'm looking to sell.

11. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe ,I've been bleeding Green and Gold since I was 10 or so growing up in NJ..Must have been the Ice Bowl I saw on TV..(Sorry about that Bubba:wink).Always liked the fact they played a couple games at County Stadium,they seemed to win or tie there a lot,but probably my poor memory..But the day Reggie White signed,I KNEW better times were ahead;I went to all the Battle of the Bays games in Tampa.Good times,even saw Favre's first action in relief of Majik in a blowout..rest is history they say :thumbsup:
    Had the honor to meet Ray Nitschke a couple times down here in Naples FL before he passed away.What a nice guy and he signed a hat and one of those big inflateable helmets for me!

I'm jealous of you with the season tix package,have fun at the games!

Anyway I play Fantasy Football and if you take a look at Footballguys.com ,you could subscibe to a daily email that is loaded with top stories around the league (Not fluffy like espn/nfl.coms) and preseason team reports etc.It is a pay-site come September or ealier though.But it will help get you through this rough spot of June July..

Just throwing that out for you,I'm booked for Vegas in Sept for week one and the fantasy draft at Ceasars Palace..(theffpc.com)
    Go Pack Go !!

12. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Football cannot get here soon enough! I enjoy baseball as I played it as a kid and it's something that I can watch every night, however I'm a Mariners fan and all the time that I spend watching them is just another form of self induced torture. As a Seahawks fan I'm fairly optimistic for this season after the way we played in the second half of last season.

13. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be optimistic USC,the Hawks are on the right track..and I bet you will be rooting for the Pack week 1! Beat them Niners !

14. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Packers? Interesting bet. As a Niner fan, Im putting my money on the Seahawks this year. Barring injury and if Russell plays like last year, thats a scary fucking team.

Majority of people on the Niner boards I frequent seem optimistic about us having 11+ wins but Im having a hard time seeing us eek out 10. Should be an interesting season.

On an offnote, this offseason I've run into Anthony Davis where I grab Sushi and Ahmad Brooks at the grocery store. I was told Vernon Davis and Aldon Smith also frequent the grocery store so I make it part of my Sunday ritual to visit it.

15. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's going to be tough for any NFC West team to get 11+ wins having to go through the division. Jeff Fisher seems to have the Rams headed in the right direction and although the Cardinals were terrible last year they still had a pretty good defense and it can't hurt replacing Kolb/Skelton/et al with Carson Palmer. I still feel both SF and SEA will make the playoffs but I know Seattle has quite a few East coast games with kickoff at 10am which always seem to give them problems.

16. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a season ticket holder for the redskins and I can't wait til football !!nfl and college

17. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still see Carson being an interception machine but Im glad Fitz might have a QB that will throw at him this season. Rams are getting better but Im still not sold on that organization. So much hype, so little progress and now without Amendola. About the only thing I can say for sure is that NFC West is the new AFC North in terms of defense which is a welcome change because no one respected our defense for years.

I think our secondary is still suspect but we have a QB that can push the offense and not just rely on FGs. We're severly lacking in our receiving core with #2 and 3 coming off ACLs and #1 out with achilles. We have a pretty crazy start facing the Packers who want revenge and then you guys in Seattle. After that we have Luck (Im a Stanford fan) who I think can light up our secondary so I could see us starting 0-3. Definitely gonna be a crazy year.

Talking football is just getting my mouth salivating haha

18. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man, a 49 and Stanford fan? We could have some good battles this year between college and the NFL...I'll let you take a guess at my favorite college team which is incorporated into my username!

19. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trust me I held back on the Carson digs after looking at your screen name haha :evillaugh

20. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha I can handle it. After all of the highs I had as a fan in the 2000's I've experienced my fair share of "reality checks" in the past four years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.