1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Diamond $100 Dinner

Discussion in 'Comps' started by dummy18, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dummy18

dummy18 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen so many conflicting statements regarding the $100 dinner perk for making it to diamond. I made it to diamond in May 2012 and I am not close to renewing it in 2013. Do I get the $100 dinner for making diamond in 2012 or is that only for people who make it in 2013?

2. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Short answer, yes, you are eligible.

Long answer, I also made Diamond in 2012. I inquired about the voucher during my May trip. According to the extremely helpful woman at the Paris Total Rewards desk, Diamond made in 2012 is eligible. I am planning to pick up my voucher on my next trip. There is an expiration. I think that it is March of 2014 but I could be mistaken. The voucher can be used at most of the CET restaurants to include Gordon Ramsey Steak. That's where I'm burning mine.

Happy dining!

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm... I made Diamond last year in 2012 that would make me Diamond for all of 2013. Never got a $100 dinner thing.

And have made it again this year. Can I get the $100 from 2012 now, and then the new one later?

4. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that is the case. I only found out about it through an earlier post on the board which is why I inquired on my last trip. The TR rep at Paris did say that it is a new promo, and I spoke with her in May. I haven't seen anything about it on the TR site or in any other CET publication.

5. geegee1009

geegee1009 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if you can use it to pay for Sterling Brunch?

6. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I didn't get it either. I guess I will have to ask about it in July.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    do a search for my old post i posted what resturants its good for and how to get it./
    if you have questions call tr and they can help theres a master list

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you have to ask them for it its not something they send you

9. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I had my guess it was just a screw up at the counter. There never has been a reward for making diamond again( been diamond for 4 or 5 years). The $100 is a diamond aspirations award(which are new this year) for making diamond again for this year

CinnamintStick if you get it for last year, let us know..

10. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding is that the $100 dinner was added as a Diamond perk when CET redid the tier credit calculations and added tier bonuses for 2013. My guess is that they intended it as an incentive for people to earn the necessary points during the current year, but I do not doubt that the workers at TR desks may be giving the vouchers to anyone who made it to Diamond level in 2012 as well. Here is a link:

http://www.totalrewards.com/2013Updates/benefits.html

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NOT TRUE ,IF YOU MADE DIAMOND BY DECEMBER 31ST 2012-13 OR THE END OF THIS YEAR THAT JUST ENDED YOU GET it.I BELIVE YOU HAVE TILL MARCH 2014 TO USE IT OR LOOSE :thumbsup:

THERE SHOULD BE A STICKY AS THIS KEEP COMMING UP.ILL BE HAPPY TO SEND A JPG OF THE RESTURANT LIST FOR VEGAS IF THERE BECOMES ONE

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  12. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When something is new, like this $100 dinner perk, there are bound to be conflicting interpretations, perhaps even from property to property. Seems like individual CET players need to go to a TR desk and ask about the voucher (or vouchers) based on their individual circumstances.

13. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used my Diamond celebration dinner in May for making Diamond in 2012. After that trip, a host emailed me and mentioned I earned the dinner for making Diamond again. I told him I used one my last trip and he said that I would have to wait till renewal in March for the new one to be activated.

In other words, you can't use 2 in one year, but if you made it in 2012 and aren't to Diamond yet this year, you should have one available.

14. sciesla

sciesla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They gave us the voucher when we were in Cherokee las weekend. Can I use it in Vegas this weekend?

15. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What does it say on the voucher? That is the first thing the staff will look at.

16. mstefaniw

mstefaniw Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Corporate Answer

Just got an answer from CET corporate office. The Diamond Celebration Dinner voucher can be picked up at any CET total rewards center, at any property of CET. Status earned in 2012-present.

17. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The list of participating diners includes Starbucks and Emperors Buffet. Thank god for that.

18. firebchilly

firebchilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it does

Im holding up the brochure that includes all the restaurants the one from vegas...it say dine in only, no takeout

19. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too used my new $100 diamond celebration dinner in April of this year. It is a tier benefit available in the current year only. No banking or carry over. Just one per year. The new benefit was a bribe from CET for raising the required number of TR points to make diamond now.

It also doesn't matter whether you are diamond the previous year or just became on during the current year. You have to go to the TR desk to request this benefit. CET does not mail it or promote it, just like the diamond lounges. Go up to TR desk they will give you a card with where you can use it in Vegas and the voucher.

Now the "Diamond Aspiration" benefits are only good in the year you earn them. Example if you hit the 80,000 TR credits in Nov 2013, you only get the companion pass till March 2014.

20. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is an earlier thread on this, and the list of restaurants PaperPoster referred to.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.