1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tips for Monte Carlo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Dancemom, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning my 4th trip (this one different than my last few as they were solo trips) and staying at the Monte Carlo for the last 2 nights of 6. The Thursday night is a paid night but the Friday night is a MyVegas reward night. I have already linked the 2 reservations. I've never set foot in Monte Carlo and want to make the best of the 2 nights there as my husband is joining me for the 2nd half of our trip, the first trip to Vegas for him.

I know I'm likely going to get the lower end rooms, and that's ok as I'm not picky. I'm getting 4 nights in a suite comped at the Stratosphere before we check into the MC. Any towers or sections I should request or avoid in MC? The room is less important to me as walking distances, etc. as it'll be the end of my trip and I'll be tired. Any pool tips? I will also be using the MyVegas Fuel the Dual reward on either the Thursday or Friday night. Feedback?

2. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The MC is all one tower so the only advice I have on a regular room is to see if they will give you strip view for no cost. You could ask for a Monaco suite but I have never gotten one just for asking. The pool is okay, it probably was nicer before they built city center. I think that impacts the sun. I think the pub is a good deal for their happy hour and the beer selection is very good. Skip going to the Minus 5 bar. The novelty wears off fast and it isn't worth the visit.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can ask for a high floor -- you can actually get some pretty nice views from the Monte Carlo if you're up in the high 20s or low 30s (31st is the highest you can get.) To get a nicer room you have to move up to a Monaco Suite -- it's not a nice suite by Vegas standards, but it's a huge move up from the basic room.

The buffet at MC is surprisingly adequate for breakfast/brunch/lunch. I personally avoid the Cafe. If your husband likes craft beer (or beer in general) then The Pub is a good spot.

The food court has McDonalds, Subway, and some cheap pizza that I can't recall.

You can walk to Aria without going outside, but to get to NYNY you have to navigate construction/parking lots if you want to take the shortest route, so you're better off going out to the strip and then making the walk that way.

4. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely try the $20 trick to get a Monaco Suite. The extra space alone is worth $20 just for your sanity! The best part is, the Monaco Suite is close to the elevators, so it's a double win. There's Starbucks downstairs, but they also have Keurigs in the rooms. Bring your own or try to get one of the nice housekeepers in the hallway to give you some extra ;)

5. babyjohnson471

babyjohnson471 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for given information

6. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, everyone! Fantastic tips here!

7. jjprosser

jjprosser Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for all the information. It will be useful for our trip in December!

8. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much the best Vegas comp offers I get are from the MC, including 3 nights in a Monaco Suite, but I actually don't like that particular feature of the rooms. Reason being, since they're close to the elevators, there will be people walking about right outside your door at all hours, and you'll hear the hallway noise of everyone on the entire floor as they exit the elevator banks.

If you don't mind that, they're definitely a step up from the standard rooms, though not a huge one if you generally don't care about rooms in Vegas (which I don't, personally - they're just for sleeping in for me and I think the beds are the same).

9. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw pictures of the spa suite and they seem to be at the same "level" as the Monaco suite so I wonder if a polite request to upgrade to that one (or even the $20 "trick") would be worth it to try. Heck, if they offer me an upgrade fee of $20 a night I'd do it too. It would be cool to soak in a spa tub while looking out the windows!

10. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The spa suite and the monaco suite are on the same level. Doubt you'd even need the $20 trick. They both have their good points and bad points...only one bathroom in the spa suite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.