1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Closest Restaurant to the Colosseum?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Doberlady, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doberlady

Doberlady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seeing Celine next Tuesday and want to have dinner afterwards. We are staying at CP

Will be all dressed up and want to eat somewhere fancy

Any recs for a nice and close by place to eat late?

2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NOBU, Mesa Grill, Old Homestead, GR pub, and The Palm are all very close. Nobu probably the "fanciest", Mesa is a great choice at a moderate price point.

3. Kickin

Kickin Flea

We're going to the same concert on Tuesday but decided to do an early pre-show dinner at Rao's probably.

Guy Savoy is closed on Tuesday, as is Empress Court (which was what I wanted to do cuz I like the place).

I've read the concert usually ends by around 9:30p but you never know, so Nobu or Mesa Grill might be good bets since they close at 11p, most of their other nice places close at 10:30p. Of those two I'd easily go with Nobu based on both Nobu locations and Mesa Grill in NY, not Vegas. GR Pub closes later but its not fancy at all, its a pub.

4. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd also add Joe's Stone Crab which is also right there.

5. Doberlady

Doberlady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Joes next Sunday. What about Il Mulino?

6. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can check out Spago or Palm in the shops connected to CP but not sure if they are fancy enough. Ate at Rao's before a concert and it was excellent. If you want pricey it's too bad Guy Savoy won't be open: it's fancy and pricey!
    Went to Payard for lunch and it was very good, excellent service !

http://www.caesarspalace.com/restaurants.html

2024’s Second Trip
  7. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Are you looking at the times? They take their last reservation at 10pm so you might be pushing it if the concert gets out late. You'll probably be fine but have a backup reservation somewhere.

By the way if you're a regular opentable user book it through them because Il Mulino is offering 1,000 points for their late reservations instead of 100. Also note that its not affiliated with Caesars so you can't get it comped off if you thought that was a possibility.

8. Doberlady

Doberlady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kickinchicken-

Yes- Love opentable and I made a 10pm ressie. I hate making the last ressie of the night. Feel the staff just want to get out of there and when we are dropping $$$ on dinner............

Will have to play the backup plan by ear.

I don't really want to eat before the concert and wanted that to be our "late night"

Will eat a late lunch and go for a cocktail or 2 before the show

9. Doberlady

Doberlady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Mesa will be the back up plan as they are open till 11 and I like the menu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.