1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxor Solo Trip 6/10-6/13

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by donovanrs28, Jun 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Hi all, this is my first trip flying solo. I had an offer for 3 nights in a Deluxe Tower room at Luxor, $69 F&B, $75 Freeplay, and 2 tickets to Fantasy. On Monday morning I got up and went to work for 4 hours before heading out to the airport. My parents drove me to LGB for my 6:48pm flight via JetBlue, we arrived around 5pm and got dropped off. The plane started to board at 6:12pm and I had bought the “Even More”, which allowed me to board first. We hit the runway 30 minutes later and I was on my way to Vegas!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The flight arrived 15 minutes early at 7:40pm and walked into an empty airport. I went out to Bell Trans Shuttle stop for my VIP Shuttle ($27 RT – Via Website) and there sat a Lincoln Sedan waiting for me. The car arrives at Luxor around 8pm and head up to the VIP check-in counter. I was given a room in the west tower, room 15-235 which gave me a view of Mandalay Bay and the pyramid. I went down to the Backstage Deli and got myself a burger and fries, talk about tasty! Oh and then comes the gambling.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I start out by playing $.05 Diamond Jubilee and quickly lost $40 on that machine. Saw a $.25 Top Dollar video slot and quickly was up $80 until I put it all back after an hour of play. It was around 11pm and sat down at a $.01 Diamond Vault machines and within an hour I lost $200. Finally got a bonus hit and starting choosing vaults and I kept getting diamonds and diamonds until JACKPOT! $2,892! I waited for my handpay and then preceded to bed around 1am, was exhausted from work earlier on Monday.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I wake up and head down to MORE the buffet and bought the $35 day pass. The breakfast wasn't bad, more like a hometown buffet which for the price is ok. After breakfast I went up to gamble some more and kept hitting and losing, but won a nice $300 on Luxor Riches before heading to MGM Grand. Ate some lunch, then went over to MGM to play the Cherries Jubilee and got my butt kicked, lost around $700 within 20 minutes. I take the monorail to Paris to get my Jersey Boys ticket, then take the tram to Sahara Station to go Downtown to walk around. Took the tram back to Paris and watched the show, which was good! I head back to Luxor to eat dinner and head back to Paris after to go up the Eiffel Tower, this is a must do for the view! After went back to Luxor and gambled some more before heading to bed.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

On Wednesday I didn't wake up until 10:30am and went down to eat at the deli and went to gamble more after. After a few hours, I head to MGM to take the monorail to The Quad to check out the cars. They had some nice cars and worth the free trip. I went back to Luxor and gambled some more where I won $500 on Cash Wheel and went to the deli to eat again. It was getting near 10:00pm and head to the Atrium to see Fantasy, which was a fun show! We were let out around midnight and I gamble for 4 hours before calling it quits to pack up and get ready to check out. At 5am I walk out and there's a limo waiting to take me to the airport and off I went back to LGB at 7am.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I ended up leaving with $1 more than I took plus all of my $2892 jackpot! It was such an awesome trip and will definitely go solo to Vegas again!

2. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your Trip Report:beer:

3. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! I've been considering a solo trip for a while.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoo-Hoo! Way to do it... thanks for sharin' the experience!!!

5. blizzard96

blizzard96 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice to see someone winning after my last trip...Gives me hope for the future:)

6. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR! Congrats on the hit and good job not touching your progressive payout. That's some willpower!

7. D in the D

D in the D Oldest ride, Longest Line

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report. A couple of nice hits there too. Big fan of the solo trip.

8. Dwayne108

Dwayne108 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great job!!

9. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR; short, simple, sweet wins, and some pics too!

With everyone winning lately, I sure hope there is some left for me next month.

Thanks for sharing. :cheers:

10. qoolness

qoolness Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats and thanks for the visuals.

11. GASSMAN

GASSMAN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AWESOME trip report !!! ...Loved all the pictures...makes me miss it even more...sounds like you're hooked on Vegas...Just like the rest of us !!!

12. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report.

I love backstage deli too!

Thanks for sharing the pics. View from eiffel tower at night is great

13. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the hand pay and for taking it home intact!!

14. Burt

Burt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report.

15. pass line man

pass line man VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice...I owe the board a few trip reports.........Ive been bad

16. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good job!