1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Will Room Prices Rise/Fall for Trip in November

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Topher_UK, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Topher_UK

Topher_UK Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

Currently planning my trip in November (7th - 23rd), primarily to visit Death Valley, Zion and Bryce Canyon. However I'm going to be spending some time in Vegas - at least 6 nights at start and end of the trip....to kick back and have some fun.

Looking to stay at a mid-range hotel - eg Harrahs.

My question is should I book hotel now, or will prices fall closer to date?

Can currently get Harrahs for $35/night (standard Deluxe room) using a discount code on smartervegas.com...seems like a good deal.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    always book now. if prices go down, you can cancel and rebook. if prices go up, you're locked in. it's not like airline tickets.

3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. With very limited exceptions (the Luxor discounts for booking a prepaid room, and the nonrefundable promotions run by Venetian/Palazzo spring to mind), pretty much any room you book in Vegas is fully refundable until 48-72 hours out. If you book now, and prices go up, you're protected, and if they go down, you can cancel and rebook, or even just have them adjust the rate for you.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    some rise some fall

5. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My offer at Flamingo through my Total Rewards account went up $60 between yesterday when I checked rates and this morning when I went to book them. This should tell you something. Over the years, I've seen rates at almost all of the hotels fluctuate up and down multiple times within a couple weeks, even using the same coupon codes and offers.

My guess was always that they're constantly adjusting depending on how many rooms they have available at any given time similar to how airlines adjust depending on how many seats they have available for each flight.

I believe the hotels also set aside a certain number of each room type for different promotions and players club comps/offers. As those get booked, it probably affects all the rates.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i booked paris for september, my friday rate changed for comp to 29 and the saturday changed from 104 to 120 then the next day it changed back to friday comp and 99 for saturday so it changes daily.

hold what you want and you can always motify it.

7. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately with Caesars hotels once you book a room for a certain time, you can't go online and see updated rates because it just says something along the lines of "We see you already have a reservation during this time period." It's annoying because with MLife you can keep track of your offers and rate changes.

If you're not booking through TR, though, it won't matter. Just book the first rate you see at the hotel you want and then keep an eye on it and they'll adjust it for you if it goes down and you call them. At least that's how I'd always done it before I started getting offers.

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would just book it now and then not worry if price goes up or down.

First, the room is $35 per night... for the location thats a pretty good rate and its hard to picture it getting much better than that.

Second, if you are hoping for a lower rate, what are you hoping for? To save an extra $2-3 a night? maybe a whole whopping $5 per night? For a six night stay you'd be looking at a grand total savings of $30 - considering you are coming all that way for a two week vacation thats a pretty paltry sum and seems like a colossal waste of time to be getting all worried about it, checking rates, scouring different websites, etc.

I'm just saying it like this because the room is $35... its not like the room you are looking at booking is $119 per night and you want to know if it might come down in price. If it was that much then its pretty reasonable to wonder if it might go down to $99 a night, $89, $69... maybe even more? Down low enough to a point where there might be a chance you'll save $30-50 per night which can add up to hundreds of dollars in savings for your trip... not my room is $35 can it possibly go down more where even if, by some long shot, it does drop below $35 a night you are only going to save yourself a few bucks over the course of your entire stay.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  9. Topher_UK

Topher_UK Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep..exactly what I have now done.

Harrahs for $35/nt...good deal...I doubt I will be spending much time in the room anyway, just a place to crash!

Thanks all.

10. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That may be true for weekends and certain CET hotels, however, for TR members Harrah's, Flamingo, Quad, Rio, and Bally's, i'm showing free rooms Sun-Fri for most or all months of the year including November by looking at the rate calender. Caesars, The HO, and Paris are showing heavily discounted rooms for most months also (Sun-Fri). Once again, i implore people to look at the rate calender. A free room is a free room. If you are Platinum+ there are no resort fees. If you get offers for dining + a free room even better.
    If you book a free room you won't have to keep looking for a better rate. If you don't have a TR card, well, shame on you......LOL.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you pull up the rate calendar, it will show rates for a whole month. Only when you actually try to book certain dates will that message show up.

12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive been doing that daily try to see if i can a better hotel or add a day

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.