1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What is the latest on BurGR?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LV_Bound, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Searched and most references in threads are just mentions of the place.
    Checked Yelp and overall good ratings but interested to hear feedback from the VMB folks.

2. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the food was pretty good.... the thing is everything there is a la carte.... they have like a chipotle ketchup which was pretty good... I had the farm burger I believe and that thing was just amazing... melted in my mouth...

I will go there again when i am back in town

3. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have plans to go on our trip and it also was on Masterchef tonight.

Sema Show
  4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really liked it. My friend and I split the jalapeno poppers and they were great, best jalapeno poppers I ever had. Be forewarned, when you get a popper order one of the poppers does not have the seeds removed, so it's super hot. But it's a surprise, so they don't tell you which one. The beer list was pretty good. I also had the farm burger, which was great, but it was more medium than medium rare. Although I heard a review that had the opposite experience with their burger order. We had the truffle fries and the onion rings. Tuscan fries were good but the onion rings were great. I also read reports that it was too loud and I did not have that experience.

I was very happy.

5. RedRock702

RedRock702 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was back at Burgr in February and I thought it was pretty good. It was later at night and of course it was the night that Cee Lo was doing his Loberace entrance at PH. Got there and asked for a table and was told it would be about 15 minutes and they took my cell phone number and they would text when the table was ready. Five minutes later I get my text and I'm seated. I did think it was a little loud as it was later at night. I had pretty much a standard burger cooked medium rare some fries and a shake. The burger was cooked as I requested, the fries were hot and the shake was a special request as I remember that I liked the hazelnut that they offered but didn't want if with the coffee flavor but rather with chocolate and they accommodated my request. I think it's pretty good for the experience and I would probably go again this next trip in July.

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Surprised that no one mentioned the prices as it was one of more commons responses to the comments about this place.
    It appears the food was good enough to warrant the prices.

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Overall I really liked it. BUT, they cook their burgers in a strong like apple wood smoked type flavor, I didn't enjoy that. I think that is a big reason for the mixed reviews. But the fries were AMAZING, and the service was great. I really think I need to try it again. It might just be the burger I ordered. I don't remember the prices being too much. Or not anymore than eating at Holstiens or any other burger joint on the strip.

8. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Between..
    • Gourmet burger
    • Celebrity name on the place
    • Center strip location

I think the pricing is exactly what I was expecting.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  9. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a fan. Far too noisy, far too casual, burger was OK but I thought it was overcooked (ordered medium rare.) Staff seemed shocked that I wasn't thrilled with it. Pricing is in line with expectation, I actually thought it might be more expensive.

Their target audience is "people who want to eat at a GR restaurant and pay as little as possible for doing so." This is a good group to go after, the restaurant is absolutely full.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  10. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Looking at the menu the prices are pretty cheap for a gourmet burger place. We're going to stay at PH for a few days and will probably try this place out. At least Gordon Ramsey seems to be having more success in Vegas than he has here in NY.

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of those not-so-hot reviews are by reviewers that just joined Urban Spoon that month, and it is their only review. That tells me something hinky is going on.

Not that everyone will like it, but it is stuff like that that makes me quite wary of on-line reviews on these type of sites.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  13. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KC:

Totally agree with you, I think my meal was like 24 bucks that was a coke, farm burger and thing of fries.... I know its not McDonalds prices, but it sure as hell didnt taste like crap ha......

I am staying at Paris so I plan on checking out the Ramsays Steak place

14. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    food was good but perfer kgb instead as i can make my own burger to order not just what they have on there menue.

15. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm really curious about this joint...his steakhouse has been almost universally lauded, so I'm sure it's great. But I thought GR Pub (or whatever it's called - the one at CP) was horrendous. As in, probably my single worst dining experience in LV to date. (Okay, thats hyperbole...I made the mistake of grabbing a slice from Sbarro at Bally's once and I'm pretty sure thats about as bad as food gets.:vomit:). The service, the food, the cocktails...all simply awful.

16. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but I agree with you on the GR Pub. Absolutely horrible.

17. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the sliders at GR pub were so overdone GR himself would have thrown them at the cook and said, "How dare you serve me that, you effen donkey!" No problem serving it to paying customers, evidently.

To be fair I had great scallops at GR pub and pricing is gentle for what it is. Service has been uneven, some are clueless and others are professional fine dining waiters.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  18. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I'm in the minority, but I did not enjoy my meal at BurGR.

We got the jalapeno poppers to start, which were the best pat of the meal. They were well-fried and the sauce that came with them was excellent. There's supposed to be one jalapeno that still has seeds and so is spicier than the others, but we have no idea who ate it as nobody got one that was overtly spicy. But an excellent dish.

The burgers, unfortunately, were not something I enjoyed at all. I ordered the Farm Burger because I love having an over easy egg in my burger. When it arrived, the egg yolk had already been broken and had oozed all over the plate, slightly soaking through the bottom bun. The patty itself was overcooked (I asked for medium, received just over medium well), yet lacked any sort of sear or flavor. The meat was a very neutral flavor. There was no char or anything to give that patty some taste and some texture. It was also very under seasoned. So altogether, it was a disappointing burger. My dining companions also had overcooked patties and also commented on the lack of flavor.

The onion rings were good, but the potato fries were not very well fried and, again, under seasoned.

There are also very large images of Gordon Ramsay on the wall making some crazy face with flames around him. It's a huge in-your-face tie to Hell's Kitchen. It was very obvious that he's catering to people coming for the Gordon Ramsay name from seeing him on TV. It cheapens the place and makes it feel pretty touristy. That same image of him with the flames is on the menu as well.

The cost came to just over $30 each and was not worth it at all.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.