1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

southwest "travel funds"

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by unomas, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    does anyone know if I can use southwest credit "travel funds" in combination with points? In April I booked Vegas for a friend with $$ then re-booked with a cheaper flight and received a credit. Now I want to book a flight for myself with points and apply the travel fund credit, so will southwest just deduct the amount of points that the credit is worth? Thanks!

2. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just hung up with Southwest. The answer is NO, can not mix $$ and points like I want to. Bummer

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would try booking in-bound and out-bound separately. Then you only have 1/2 the total fare to kick in the extra $'s for and can use points on the other way (1/2). Right, bummer.

4. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been in the spot before, too, and just did the same as suggested above. Book two one-ways using two separate payment methods.

5. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes !! We do this all the time ... cash one-way, and points the other way. Even with the "cash credit funds", you have to make sure you will be having another trip within the limited life of those funds. When re-booking a lower price with points, the return of excess points to your account is immediate, with no time limitations. We also like booking separate one-way flights, in case one price drops, but not the other.

6. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, I didn't think of that and I already booked both ways with points Blah!!:eek: It's within the 24 hrs of booking can I get my points returned and do as mentioned above?

Thanks!

edit, I just looked at my flights doing one way and they doubled the price of one of the flights,, they are tricky!

7. buomalley

buomalley Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "In April I booked Vegas for a friend with $$ then re-booked with a cheaper flight and received a credit."

If your friend is the one who took the flight in April, the credits you received when re- booking the flight belong to your friend. It doesn't matter who paid for the ticket. Travel funds belong to the traveler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.