1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ballys or Flamingo?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Lhammer28, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now I have read thru this thread looking at what to do for our trip in Aug/Sept and I am still on the fence. I am taking a good friend of mine who hasn't been to Vegas and we normally stay off strip, But I want her to have the full strip Vegas experience. I just cannot decided between Ballys or Flamingo, originally It was going to be PHo, but I am more likely to get comped at the other 2 than PHo, (from what I have heard) SO, shes not a gambler, hubby will take care of that part... so Im looking for Bars/Pool/location/food/rooms, and are there even clubs in either of those???

thanks guys!

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If pool is a major concern, then Flamingo has the "party pool" atmosphere. Bally's has a nice pool, but its very laid back compared to Flamingo.

Ballys has nice big rooms for two people, especially if you can score an upgrade to a north tower deluxe room that they call a Jr suite. Pretty easy if you are a TR member.

Neither property has great clubs, but great clubs are close to both. Ballys has the Indigo Lounge, lots of good nights there.

3. QuaDxAceZ

QuaDxAceZ High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at both earlier this year and definitely would go with flamingo. I just enjoyed the overall atmosphere in the flamingo much more over ballys. They also have a much better pool and some pretty decent bars. If your looking for clubs, you will have to go somewhere else because you won't find anything at flamingo or ballys, but being center strip your close enough to great nightlife. Flamingo has recently added new, modern-style rooms which are nice and definitely recommend those.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ballys becuase theres no cunstruction ,if you dont mind the noise then definatly flamingo

5. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there in march and had no issue with construction noise.

6. Rick1323

Rick1323 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless your picture is of your daughters, the Flamingo is your choice.....

7. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I was kinda leaning toward the Flamingo and it seems to be the best choice...
    Yes that is me in the blue....and plan on spending lots of time at the pool, which is a first for me in Vegas! So I want a fun one!

8. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The full Vegas experience for a few younger people. You have to go Flamingo between those two. No question. Fun pool, easy in and easy out onto the strip and the place has the vintage Vegas feel.

9. steveged

steveged Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to sound repetative, but Flamingo. For the experience you are looking for, that would be the place. As everyone has stated, the pool is the deciding factor and a lot of fun for the 20-40 crowd.

10. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say the best all around option is Flamingo. IMO

11. Mayoman

Mayoman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the others, since the pool is important, Flamingo is one of the better ones on the strip.

12. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo has been gettings some decent reviews lately. If the construction is not an issue for you, flamingo would be a great choice.

13. DorkieDoode

DorkieDoode Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo. I'm staying there for pool parties. Don't care about noise or view. We're there to party this time. For clubs my two favorite are Marquee & XS. Anywhere else for club for that matter.

14. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo for sure for the pool....get a GO room

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.