1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Kiosks at Buffet for TR Visa comp

Discussion in 'Comps' started by lvpeg, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lvpeg

lvpeg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I read that CET was going to put in kiosks in May near the buffets for the free Buffet of Buffets you received with the new TR visa. It would save having to go to TR desk to activate. Does anyone know if this has happened?

2. JWVegas

JWVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Below is a couple emails I sent CET concerning this.....I think is should answer your question.

ME......I had a couple "back and forth" emails last month with a Total Rewards Service Representative.

I was concerned with how to redeem the "Buffet of Buffets" Free pass after being approved for the NEW Total Rewards Visa Card.

She told me that CET was installing Kiosks in all their Las Vegas hotels where all I would have to do is "swipe" my card to redeem my FREE Buffet of Buffets pass.
    She had stated that they would be installed by the end of May.

Could you verify if these "kiosks" have been installed and are operational? If so, do I only need my TR Visa card and Total Rewards Card to redeem the pass or is there something else that I will need?

CET........Thank you for contacting us again. Yes, all you need to do is stop by a Total Rewards Center (with the exception of The Quad and Planet Hollywood) with your Total Rewards card and ID to get the buffet pass.

ME........What about the "KIOSKS"? Are they installed and operational? That was the main point of my question.

I didn't want to wait in a long line at a Total Rewards Center if the "Kiosks" are operational. If they are installed, are they near the Total Rewards Centers in all the Vegas hotels?

CET.........Our Total Rewards Centers have kiosks, however they are behind the counters so guests need to talk with a Total Rewards agent in order to get the pass.

3. lvpeg

lvpeg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL! Could CET's last comment be anymore idiotic? Thanks for the update. Guess I'm getting in line at the TR desk.

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In spite of the idiotic reply, of course there MIGHT actually be a kiosk outside the buffet when you get there! The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing, and the CET rep did not even understand the question.

5. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonder how the kiosk will work with the 2 passes. When we redeemed ours last month at the desk, 1 buffet was put on my husbands TR card (he is the CC holder) and one was put on mine.

Will they then just load 2 buffets on one card or will the second card holder also need to be present to swipe theirs?

6. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious.........what if you are able to gather the Buffet of Buffets pass but only travel solo?

7. lvpeg

lvpeg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to confirm, you don't need any paperwork saying you're entitled to the Buffet of Buffets? When showing them your credit card, they will be able to tell you're entitled? I'm assuming it then gets loaded onto your and your guests TR card?

8. jeffscout

jeffscout Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just there this week. No paperwork needed. If you are sharing with a guest they need to be a TR member, too. Everything is done on your TR card. They didn't even ask to see my credit card if I remember correctly. BUT BRING IT ANYWAY.

I did this at PH and no issues whatsoever. Since the perk of being a Platinum member though the credit card we got to use the Platinum line (you and your guest, even if they aren't platinum)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.