1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games WTF happened to Blackjack at NYNY?!

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by ams722, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from a weeklong stay in Vegas.

During my last trip in March I had a few great sessions playing BJ at NYNY. Six decks, 3:2, surrender, resplit aces, etc. Typical MGM property rules. So I was looking forward to playing it once again there for a few sessions.

Lo and behold, I get there and all I can find are crappy 8 deck 6:5 tables. There were two double deck tables that I *believe* were 3:2 for $25 minimum, but I'm more of a red chipper so I didn't want to blow a big chunk of my bankroll on those.

I finally settle down to play at a table that I thought was 3:2. I get my first blackjack on a $15 bet and get paid $18. Grrrrrrrr.... I missed the little 6:5 sign on this table as well. I colored up immediately and asked where the heck the 3:2 tables went. The dealer said that there were only four 3:2 tables left, and she directed me to them. What is this, a Caesars property?!?!

Instead of following her directions, I walked out the door and down to the Monte Carlo.

2. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good job, way to vote with your feet!

3. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to play at Monte Carlo as well. Easy to find great rules for cheap mins.

I refuse to play CSM and while I can find games with good rules at Aria, they usually come with the CSM until you're playing at $50-100.

4. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol. That is exactly what I said to a dealer at Mirage when I unknowingly sat at a 6/5 blackjack table. That was the first time I had encountered a 6/5 table at an MGM/Mirage property. I was shocked, angry, disappointed, and saddened all at the same time. lol

I colored up and found a regular table.

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thats more and the way the strip is becoming and condider most people who sit down know or care they get way with it.

6. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's only a matter of time before this becomes the standard across all Vegas MILFe properties at the red and possibly green chip level.

[​IMG]

"Our customers and employees must continue to sacrifice to meet my compensation demands in this challenging economy."

It's prudent for serious BJ players to buy the Wong sheets before booking any blackjack comp offer at a MILFe or any other Vegas property (CET players do not have to bother :thumbsup:).

I changed my mind about accepting a Cosmo offer after not finding a playable table during my last few trips and seeing how things have only gotten worse since last year.

Just say no to 6/5 BJ, $9 beer or $600 bottles of Smirnoff.

The More You Know.

[YOUTUBE]2YttARf4nok[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  7. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One other annoyance from this trip:

I pretty much only played BJ at Monte Carlo after this NYNY clusterf**k. I like to play two hands to lower the variance. There was one really good dealer (whose name I can't remember!!!) who knew basic strategy inside and out. She kept complimenting my play and told other players to listen to me while she was on break. I think I played at her table on three different days.

One morning when I wasn't at her table, I was playing at a table with just one other woman. Her cards totaled a 10 against the dealer's 3. The lady asks if she should double and the dealer responds "No, only with an 11 against a 3." ARRRRGHHHHHH! I almost threw up on the table when I heard that.

Then I was dealt A,7 against her 5 and I doubled, and won. However, she says "Next time you do that I'm just going to take your money." I responded, "Why? You should ALWAYS double a soft 18 against a bust card." She responded with something snarky but I can't remember exactly what she said.

I told the other dealer (the one who actually knows basic strategy) about her the next day and she seemed horrified.

8. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Mirage in April and their blackjack was very good, although you did have to watch for a couple bad tables mixed in.

They had four $25 tables, 6 deck, 3:2, DAS, Dealer stand on soft 17...you aren't going to get rules any better than that.

9. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does Monte Carlo have any $5 tables by chance? Anyone see any?

10. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yea, on slow times and in early morning, there was one. Excalibur had one going allmost all day. I could not find decent rules @ NYNY either.

11. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, there are usually plenty available in the morning/early afternoon (both 8 deck shoe and CSM tables). Typical (good) MGM rules at these tables.

I played on them several times in the last week.

12. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm expecting a press release at some point saying they are switching every table to 6/5 due to popular demand. Customers are requesting this and they have no choice but to offer what the customers want. :)

13. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  14. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That picture just made my day!

15. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a big BJ player, but that is too funny or sad, not sure which! Well yes I am, it's sad! Marketing works!

16. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just rember we the customers demaded 6/5 bj and there only doing what we asked for:cry:

17. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. And I'm not sure it's a photoshop or not. :eek: The dude at bj21.com says it's authentic. :(

18. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Like the sign says it's there by popular demand!

So quit yer yappin' ya lousy consumers...

19. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But it's all ok because you get free Internet (only wired at NYNY) and a bottle of water :wink2:

20. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mean, 6 is bigger than 3, 5 is bigger than 2, that's like a total of 6 BIGGER!!! Whopping!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.