1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need some Tampa advice and recommendations

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We decided to shoehorn one more trip into our schedule and decided on Tampa in November. So for the FL experts/residents on VMB...

We stayed in Tampa in January at BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel and it was fine. Nice room on the water, but we felt so away from everything. We had a car, but I also like my adult beverages, so that is a factor.

Any recommendations for a hotel surrounded by lots of restaurants, but also with a water view? Tampa, St Pete, Clearwater Beach etc. We’re open to any of them. Our normal trip is to use the rental during the day, but then park it at night and drink & dine.:beer:

Just an aside…we honeymooned in Clearwater Beach waaaaaaay back in 1981! Mark hotel or something like that. It was right on the water.

EDIT: Had to Google and it was the Adam Mark's hotel which they have since imploded:(

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  2. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Clearwater, period
    Still feels like older touristy Florida, not overly commercialized.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just down there for a day two months ago for work and agree 100%

I Need Spa
  4. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The vinoy hotel in St. Pete. Lots of new and non-commercial food joints.

The hyatt on Clearwater beach is nice.

Any Hotel around John's Pass would be more old florida. That's our area. Lots of timeshares, rentals and small hotels.

Any of the three would be better than the tampa hotel.

Btw, it was the Adam's Mark Hotel. It was demolished in 2005.

5. tldbucs

tldbucs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of the Tradewinds resorts on Saint Pete Beach are nice and there are a lot of restaurants and beach bars to walk to and stumble from. Enjoy!

6. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Hyatt Regency on Clearwater Beach has a little of something for everyone. Plenty of places within walking distance to drink, eat.
    2. The Sandpearl on Clearwater Beach is also nice.. again a little of something for everyone.
    3. Shoreline Island Resort (Madeira Beach) - Adult only - no kids. This place is super laid back... right on the beach, walking distance to many bars... across the street from the cheapest/best breakfast in St. Pete! Every local in town eats there.

Clearwater Beach is beautiful (very new), relaxing and laid back... dreamy. It's Florida! You drink, eat, swim in the ocean and drink some more. :beer:

Madeira Beach,SP Beach, Treasure Island.. now that's old Florida.
    EDIT: (I forgot to mention that Madeira Beach is the only one that allows open containers. You CAN drink adult beverages on that beach. We do every Sunday!!)

Glad you decided to come back Joe!!! :wave:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  7. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help guys!:thumbsup:

Don, your picture certainly looks inviting but are there eats & drinks around the place within walking distance?

9. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We walked to a couple of places to eat and there's a grocery store 1/2 block away. Originally had plans to drive and visit a few places but we were so comfortable there that we just stayed. I downloaded the racing form and played the horses (legally) on my laptop while sitting out on the pier.

10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.