1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Could free slot/table play legally be a reward?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by myvegas1, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myvegas1

myvegas1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was just wondering if they could make a reward with free slot/table play?

1000k LPs = $1 slot play would be pretty cool.

2. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont know, 1,000,000 LPs for $1 of slot play seems pretty high.... :evillaugh

3. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Legally, they've (Playstudios) said before they can't convert LPs to real slot play or $$$.

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really don't think there would be any legal issues with doing this, but...

There would probably be two big problems: the price and abuse.

I am not sure if you meant to say 1,000,000 LPs (thats what 1000K equals) but thats a lot of LPs... for most people who play the game thats going to represent a few years worth of play just to get there.

So the price would have to be something that the average joe player can afford, but if you make it too cheap then you hit the other end of the spectrum where there are a few savvier players who can really crank out the LPs, talking about thousands of LPs per hour.

Then there is the possibility for abuse: this promotion is open to local players and they would likely be just cranking out the LPs, converting them to free play and then converting the free play to cash... add in players who are using playing scripts to play the games for them so they can run the games 24/7 and you are setting up for a lot of potential abuse.

And then finally, the idea doesn't really go with whats a pretty obvious business model: just about every reward they have is set up/designed where you have to, or are encouraged, to spend more money in the end, IE: single show tickets, 2-for-1 dining, single food/drink, even the rooms.

5. Luckybee

Luckybee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure that is the business model, at least not for all properties, although imho it should be. As it is now they're catering only to one segment of their audience.

If for example they had a much greater variety of dining they would have more players interested in obtaining rewards, and therefore playing.

Dh and I are usually comped for suites(and often full rfb), and are fairly picky about where we dine. There are a total of 2 restaurants on myvegas that we'd be interested in Lupo and Fleur(which isn't available any longer) and we don't have enough levels to get Lupo. We aren't cirque fans. And now we each have 350,000 points and by the time we go back to Vegas next March if we keep playing we'd have a silly number of points.

As it is now we're planning on giving show tickets to friends who will be there with us, and basically writing off the rest. There simply aren't enough options out there for us to continue playing let alone purchasing chips(which we have done)

If they had 2 for 1 at places like prime, mina's le cirque, onda's, etc etc we'd be jumping but it doesn't look like this is the route they wish to go.

6. Luckybee

Luckybee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also meant to add, imagine the money they could make both in restaurants, and gambling afterward if they were doing that. As an example, if they offered say $100 of a dinner at say Le Cirque for between 100,000 and 200,000 points, how many people might go to there that wouldn't otherwise indulge. And at that type of restaurant how much extra $ might the restaurant get from those customers. It isn't unusual to have a $400 or $500(or more) bill for 2 at many of the higher end establishments.

And of course this translates into happy gamblers !

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.