1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Outside the Comfort Zone

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by M_ILIS, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems that any time I step outside my comfort zone and "go for it" in MyVegas I get annihilated. I play quite a bit of Luxor, almost always at 600 a spin, and I typically do well enough that my chip stack hovers around even. Tonight, however, I decided to jump it up to 1500/per and just rifled through 100K+ in about 15 minutes! Just had to vent. I'm frustrated.

The same thing seems to happen in blackjack. I often play for long stretches at 1,000 per hand playing two hands at a time, but any time I exceed 1,000 per hand it all goes to crap.

2. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it makes you feel better, the exact same thing happens to me. I play BTF, often at 1700 can do OK. As soon as I jump up to 3400, I drop like a stone. Guess I could be smart and move back down to 1700 when things are going sideways, but that wouls be no fun........lol

3. ahardinjr

ahardinjr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing happens for me in Blackjack. I've gone from around a million chips down to around 100k in less than 5 minutes many times now. So I've learned to use slots as my safety net.

What I do with slots is rotate through 3 or 4 games (Excalibur, Bet the Farm, Around the World in 80 Days, and Lucky Birds) playing 10 - 25 spins and see which one seems to be paying out the best. Once I find out, I stick with that game for 2+ hours. This seems to eliminate swings and minimize losses.

If I loss a certain threshold of chips, I'll just quit slots and jump to BJ, play conservative and build up a lil bit of chips.

I think it is inevitable that we will lose chips. I've learned to not worry about that and focus on the goal of building LPs instead. I'm level 105 and I'll still autospin 200 chips for hours on end on 80 Days because it is low risk and the chips / LP ratio is good....even though it is slow.

Plus it is easy to build up 200k+ chips in 2-3 days anyways, so even if I lose them I know I can get them back quickly.

4. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe this can just become my personal venting thread.

Lately I don't even have to bet big to get killed in MyVegas. For the last three days, the game just eats all my chips almost immediately, no matter which game I'm playing. Anyone else notice a big downward shift in returns on slots? It's not even fun like this. It's just frustrating.

5. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel your pain. I played slots most of the time and outside of a few nice little runs it seemed like I ran through chips quite quickly. I started playing blackjack this past weekend (between 5K and 10K a hand, 3 hands at a time) and went from 150K to 1,000,000 as of this evening. The blackjack goes quite slow and you actually you can't do auto-spins like the slots, but if you have the time I'd highly suggest the blackjack.

6. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually play through all of the chips that I get per day, which is ~60,000, most of which is comprised of the lowest values on the Daily Bonus Wheel - 2000, 2500, and 3000 (and on occasion a 3600 or 5000). Some days I get really good runs where I can go through about 1 or 2 million XP points and level-up a couple of times and there some days I can only go 200-300k.

I personally don't like playing most of the games that are available. The paytable is bad and is mostly the contributing factor that the games are just sucking chips. All of the 30-line games are terrible payers because of the large amount of combinations needed to just get your bet back. Most of which need 5 of a kind of the small icons or 4 of a kind of the good icons to even break even.

Bet The Farm used to be really good to me, when it gave out lots of bonuses. Nowadays, I'll be lucky to get 1 bonus in 50 spins. By then only the biggest amount would actually pay everything back (which we all know if highly unlikely).

Which leaves only the 20-liners and BJ. I used to play Jewels Verne a lot a long time ago, but I gave up on it because it kept crashing the Flash Player. Birds is okay but I rarely get any birds. And when you do get them, it's pretty much a flop most of the time. The only game I play now is 80 Plays and then some Blackjack. Yeah BJ is slow but it will last a long time and 80 Plays at least gives you a good bonus chip boost at the end when you go around the world. Jewels and 80 Plays are not the ones that most people like though.

I don't like getting killed so fast either, you spend so much time gathering chips all day long and then you only actually play for 5 minutes. That's tedious and boring. But when you get to the higher levels (140+) you're kind of almost forced to do that. This game isn't so kind to people who are higher in levels.

7. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually work my way up with blackjack and then try my luck at high limit slots. The swings are pretty wild in this game. One session you'll work your way up to 500k, the next you're right back down to 0. I probably should save up for one of those double point weekends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.