1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car Rental Advice

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Keyser Soze, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How can I get an awesome deal for a car rental in Las Vegas?

I always wanted to rent a car (instead of using public trans) but never found a deal good enough to pull the trigger.

Surely, some of you have the knowledge of how to get a great deal. Please share.

2. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    deals will differ depending on the dates you want and how far in advance you look.

I have found really good deals on carrentalsavers.com on my last couple of trips.

you punch in your dates and times and they automatically find the best discounts and coupon codes for your dates.

3. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check Hotwire, Priceline, Fox rental car and sign up for deal sites that email your car rental deals. I find Vegas is on of the cheapest places I go for cars. I have a reservation with Fox nest week for a full size car for two days total of 42.00.
    Could have got a compact for 32 but have 3people this trip.

4. martay

martay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually just book direct through Alamo.com. If you sign up for their club it is a bit cheaper, and sometimes if you pre-pay it is cheaper still. Priceline is also very good for cars in Vegas, and is very easy.

There are high taxes on rental cars, so expect that $12 a day Ford Focus to end up costing at least $20 a day.

5. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone from VMB posted this link a while back, it is a good aggregator for discount codes and coupon codes, it saved me some cash for my August trip using Budget.

http://www.best-car-rental-tips.com/

Remember, you can book then keep searching for better prices.

6. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Do you care about the condition of the car? How much is too much?

I ask this because while a company like Fox or Dollar may be cheaper, the condition of the vehicle may not be pristine. I use Hertz, I pay more, i know this, but I know it will be clean, near new and in good shape. I tried Dollar for a while, and most every time the cars were worn and/or not quite clean...no where near "detailed"

I don't know your budget and it's not my business, but I do want to ask you that if having a rental car is to be a "luxury" of your trip, to feel special and nice, or a mere convenience of just getting you from point A to point B, regardless of condition?
    Do you really want to rent and ride around in a less than new feeling car, or does it not matter?

7. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are a Costco member try your luck on Costcotravel.com it has saved me a ton. Like others have said, the secret is to find the best price you can that is not prepaid and keep looking. If you find something lower rebook. Here's a link to some tips that I put together when I first launched my blog. Http://LasVegasOffStrip.com/las-vegas-car-rental-tips-and-tricks/

8. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Grateful Lurker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try a non airport local.

Rates for airport pickup are usually higher than other locations. Look at those.

Also, sign up to receive email offers from different rental companies. Enterprise often does a $9.99/weekend day rate.

Driving in Vegas was a good experience for me. Really cool to get a different perspective.

9. AOchoa95

AOchoa95 Low-Roller

The only thing about Enterprise $9.99 weekend is for a economy class and you have to keep it at 100 miles a day.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.