1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget upgrade with Landry's Select?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by aggie182, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aggie182

aggie182 Off Key and Out of Tune

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a Carson Tower Room at the Golden Nugget with a Thursday check in and Sunday check out. I have a Landry's Select card which gives a free upgrade, of course based on availability and VIP check-in along with the typical restaurant perks. Does anyone have experience with the upgrade with the Landry's Select? Should I request something in particular? With a Thurs-Sun reservation, 'based on availability' scares me but we will see I suppose.

2. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GOOD LUCK!

We checked in for 3 nights (Mon-Wed, oh and in August) ON my actual birthday with a Landry's card. I was told it was a no-go.

I figured we'd still get a good location. No. We got the absolute furthest room from the elevators that existed.

3. aggie182

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yuck.

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aggie, remember they will push-back on the room upgrade unless you booked using he Landry's rate. It is always a bit higher than the discounted rate.

5. aggie182

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called the 1-800 number on the Landry's site and booked over the phone. It was the same rate advertised on the GN website.

6. OnTheHorizon

OnTheHorizon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last two times I used the Landry's Select card, I was denied an upgrade. Maybe in August, third time will be a charm. At at least VIP Checkin is a great perk.

7. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at the GN three different occasions. I also have a Landrys card.

First stay - booked via Delta Vacations (airfare and room were cheaper than airfare alone on the Delta website) for 3 nights (Fri - Mon). Free upgrade from Carson to Rush room for all three nights.

Second stay - booked via Delta Vacations again (there are the only two times it has ever been less expensive to book a Vegas package than booking separately - again, airfare and room cheaper than airfare alone) for 4 nights (Saturday - Wednesday). No upgrade available on the first night. They requested that I ask again in the morning. On the morning of the 2nd day, they upgraded us from a Carson room to a Rush room for the last 3 nights of our stay.

Third stay - booked directly from the GN website (included 2 free show tickets and "funbook") - two midweek nights. Upgraded from Carson to Gold tower both nights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.