1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria - My check-in experience

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by JosieCat, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanted to get other people's take on a situation I had while checking in at the Aria recently. I had a city view corner suite booked. Upon getting to the check-in desk - I asked about the possibility of a PAID upgrade to a panoramic corner suite. He immediately said he could do that for me - for free.

So I course immediately reached into my bag and grabbed $20. So he's jamming away on his computer, never saying a panoramic suite wasn't available, and gives me my room keys. I give him the $20.

Well, I get up to my room to find that it ISN'T a panoramic corner suite (unless I am completely clueless as to what a panoramic corner suite is?). This suite was the exact same layout I had on my last Aria stay. The room I am given is, I assume, what I had booked - a city view suite.

I didn't do anything, but I admit I was left with a not so warm fuzzy feeling about the experience.

What would you have done.

2. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe this is a good warning that we should keep the $20 tip until we check out the room!

If I was sure it wasn't an upgrade, I would have went back downstairs and told the check-in clerk he made a mistake and see what he'd say. If that was the best he could do, I'd fish for some other complimentary.

3. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I knew for sure that I received the wrong room, I would've returned to the check-in desk and got the room I wanted-- since I was going to pay for the upgrade to a panoramic corner suite anyway...

Annual Golf Trip
  4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this. I would have went back and talked to the same person and said there must have been a miscommunication and that I wanted to upgrade to the panoramic suite but it appears the upgrade was not completed. If he says that will cost you X more per day I say ok since I was already planning on paying for it and just eat the $20 tip...but he might say oops your right I hit the wrong button and you get it for free.

5. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding is that Panoramic just refers to the higher floor but the layout is the same as a city view corner suite.

I would have called down and asked what room category I was in.

6. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

This is not the case- I have stayed in a City View Corner Suite and a Panoramic Suite and the Panoramic Suite has a large column smack in the middle of the living room. The layout is definitely different than a Corner Suite. And the reason it is called Panoramic is because it offers a panoramic view - last Labor Day I was in a Panoramic Suite that offered a view of the North Strip (including a glimpse of the Bellagio fountains), a bit of the South Strip and from the bedroom I could see all the way back to the mountains behind the hotel.

This is a Corner City View Suite

Anfj2c6XIpo

And this is a Panoramic Suite (this is pretty much the view I had from the one I stayed in):

15g0GTHH-98

To Josie - did you deal with VIP check in? I was just at Aria on an offer a couple of weeks ago and was switching over from Bellagio. Since I was already in Vegas, I went over to Aria super early to check in and get my room request in, but the VIP check in desk was not open yet. I spoke with a general check in representative who was awful - very dismissive and unaccomodating. Not only did she say there were no upgrades because it was "Cinco De Mayo Weekend" - it was over at that point - she seemed to be doing her job by rote. I went back to the VIP check in desk after it opened and got an amazing rep who put me in a fantastic room after calling around to give me options as to which of the rooms available I would prefer. All of the things I wanted that the previous rep claimed were "unavailable" were most certainly available. She just didn't feel like checking. If someone said they were putting you in a Panoramic Suite, then that is what you should have been given.

7. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The links won't work and I'd really love to see them. Could you try it again. I guess I was going by the picture on their web site. On the panoramic corner suite - they show a picture of the bedroom and the room as two walls of windows - not just one.

Attached Files:

8. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait, you're saying that a desk staffer at Aria made a mistake :confused2: Thast has never happened. Ever :faint:

Sorry they are being their usual pain in the butt toward you :cry:

I Need Spa
  11. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:

Same here...SOOOO frustrating

12. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoops. My Bad! It looks like I did have the panoramic corner suite based on the videos. Sorry for the false alarm :). I should have kept my mouth shut, as I like the city view suite much better where the double windows are in the bedroom where you can appreciate the view without having it blocked by a large pole and a TV.

In my defense though, the picture they have attached to the panoramic corner suite on the web-site shows the bedroom as having the double windows.

Well, I'm glad I didn't say anything now.

13. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having been in both City View Corner Suite and Panoramic I like the City View better also.
    I hate the pole in the living room and the living room is larger in the regular City View.

14. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stand corrected--Looks like I was in a corner city view and either was told or assumed incorrectly the panoramic was the same layout

15. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This happened to me on my last stay at the Luxor. Asked about an upgrade to a Pyramid Suite and they said they could do it for free. I tipped the guy $20, only to find out I had gotten the exact same room I originally booked. I went downstairs and got it all taken care of.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.