1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Changing Car Rental Reservation

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Firehawk, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firehawk

Firehawk Semi-Amateurish Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any fellow Vegas lovers have experience with changing car rentals at last minute after you already have a great rate locked in. I have full size for next week reserved through Budget for around 16/day. But my original reservation had my not arriving until late afternoon, and I am now arriving about 3 hours earlier.

I hate to cancel and rebook as the rates are higher now. This is my first time renting from airport for multiple days. How bad am I going to get "honked" If i show up early? Will they give me same rate?

2. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The arrival time is just used when booking to figure out how many days and hours you will have the car so they can give you an accurate price quote...arrive 3 hours earlier and return it the same time they may charge you a prorated amount for the 3 additional hours...but they will have a car for you when you arrive...

3. Firehawk

Firehawk Semi-Amateurish Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!!!! I hated the thought of completely rebooking. HAHA

4. jsimm

jsimm Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always 'rebook' a totally new reservation & then cancel the old one after rebooking.

If you try & edit an existing reservation & mess something up (or a higher rate gets confirmed), you can't go back & 'un-do' it.
    Always better to be safe & leave the old reservation there until the new one is confirmed. Then cancel the old one.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.