1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

any opinions on PJ Clarke's steak special

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by hrt4girls, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrt4girls

hrt4girls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just found some information on a special at PJ Clarke's in the Forum shops. It is a dinner for 2 for $99. It includes a starter like soup or salad, an entree, a dessert and a bottle of wine.

It sounds like a fantastic price to me. I have never heard of this restaurant, but it looks like there are several locations around the country. The website looks impressive, but does anyone have an opinion on the food or if this is a good deal to try.

Thanks.

2. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

it really depends on the bottle of wine and the kind and grade of steak. details?

3. Gdicke13

Gdicke13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pjs is a legend in NYC...I'm a regular there when on business. Been to the Vegas one as well. You won't be disappointed. Steaks are great high quality beef. Burgers are among the best anywhere. Sides like Mac and cheese and tater tots are to die for. 2 for 99 does sound like a great deal. In my opinion you'd have a great experience there.

4. anteatergoat

anteatergoat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My girlfriend and I tried this special back in December, when they were offering two (albeit small) lobster tails and a delmonico steak as one of the available entrees. I think now they are offering crab cakes and steak. The other entree option, if I remember correctly, was a porterhouse to share. It seemed like a better value back then than now (crab cakes VS lobster).

With that said, the tails that we had were great and the steak was cooked very well. The wine that was available was passable. Not amazing, but it did the trick.

I'd still recommend it, in spite of the change in the entree selection. It definitely was within the acceptable cost/flavor ratio.
    Have fun :licklips:

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their half-and-half side dish -- half mashed potatoes, half creamed spinach -- is absolutely phenomenal. I've always found myself comparatively underwhelmed by the spinoff locations (the original, which is around the corner from where I work, opened in 1884, while they licensed a couple locations in the 1980s and 2000s, and then began expanding in earnest about five years ago), but they're still definitely worth checking out.

6. Phaleproof

Phaleproof Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonder if they would sub anything for the wine... We don't drink but the deal sonds good!

7. hrt4girls

hrt4girls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the info

It was great to have some feedback. I think we will give this a try. We are usually up for an adventure, but I don't want to mess up a dinner. We are only there for a couple of days and there are so many great places to try.
    Thanks again, it is much appreciated.

8. pinklime

pinklime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tried the $99 a week and a half ago and found it to be very good for the price. We were two couple so we ordered one of each steak offered and both were good, the porterhouse was slightly more tender? But I enjoyed the crabcakes that came with the Delmonico so.... The wine was decent, not the best I've ever had but certainly palatable. We didn't order any sides as we suspected that there would be enough food and we were right, even with two hungry men there was enough to satiate all. Besides, we ordered the salad as our starters and it counted as the "veggie" portion of the meal. I would recommend this deal to people. In fact, I'll be in Vegas again in just over a week and have already booked a table.

9. CopyDan

CopyDan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I know where I am going in November. Thanks!

10. 4dazeoff

4dazeoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wife and I just went last month. had the Delmonico and crab cakes and was offered an upgrade for 2 6oz lobster tails for only $10 more. we both had clam chowder, and dessert was an apple cobbler I think. had a bottle of red wine which was decent. overall about $135 w/ tax and tip. we both thought it was worth the price and would probably do it again. we went on a Friday night w/ reservations @ 730 and the place was really slow. nice and relaxing. crab cakes were great. 2 pieces about the size of a hockey puck (big for crab cakes) and loaded w/ crab! recommend it! good luck!:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.