1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Samba rooms at Rio

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by addicted, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can get regular rooms comped at Rio, but they want $99/night to upgrade to the Samba Studio Suite. Their site says they're newly renovated but they're only 600 sq ft...

What are the odds I can get a better deal at check in?

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They look cool but I haven't seen or heard anything that would justify $99/night more for them, even assuming that is a room with a view. They are remodeled standard rooms. Chances are you may be able to get a better offer at check in.

3. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a samba suite last week.....it's basically a renovated room....new carpet/furniture, flat screen TV

I got mine with the $20 trick.......definitely not worth $99/night

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would try tipping at check in. Take photos please if you get one; I almost booked Rio for my upcoming trip to see the new rooms.:eek:

5. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from Rio about 2 hours ago. My room for the week was comped. I was considering upgrading to a Samba, but upon further review i upgraded to a Premium Suite in the Ipinema Tower. I used the sandwich and got the 8th floor with a panoramic strip view and a view close enough to the pool to watch the Rio girls in bikini's dancing to the DJ. at the Adult pool.
    I will do a trip report sometime Sat. But my room #835, comped, but the lovely young lady gladly accepted my $20.
    $99.........say what?

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  6. woodman22

woodman22 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Samba Suites"

Which tower are the Samba suites in?

7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So far the Masquerade Tower.

8. Hash

Hash Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked a Samba Suite Strip View room and it was exactly the same cost as the Premium Strip room. I'm not going to be there until late September but I too have run into the same problem. I can't find a video or anything on the room unfortunately. To my knowledge the deluxe suites and the premium suites were all 600 sq feet. I've stayed at the Rio multiple times but these rooms did not exist since I've last been. I know the bathrooms are vastly upgraded and the upgrades they have made to the main area of the room, looks great.

edit: Just confirmed on the Rio Website that everything but the Masquerade and Cariocas Suites are 600sq Feet.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  9. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Samba Suite is the same size as the deluxe and premium. The Samba is in the Masquarade Tower, but in all honesty, the Premium in the Ipinema Tower is much better if you want a full Strip view. The Masquarade Tower faces the Strip differently than the Ipinema. My room was a Premium with a Strip view. I had a view from Wynn all the way south to South Point. The Strip view in the Masquarade Tower, for the most part, encompasses a partial Strip view. Also, the Premium i had, was spotless, had a big flat screen TV, the fridge kept my drinks cold, the sofa seemed brand new etc. I saw the Samba Suite and the Premium Suite but the main difference is Ipinema vs Masquarade Towers. The Ipinema is close to the pool, walking off the elevator you immediately enter the Starbucks and the Rio gift shop/booze/soft drinks/snacks store, as well as the dining areas and the Rio shuttle.

10. VP PLAYER

VP PLAYER Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Room

I had to pay the 10 bucks for early check in but it was like a little before noon so gladly paid that. But I got a large suite room that was a total remodel. Everything new. Was outstanding and I did not have to ask for it or do a 20 trick. Yes it was a comp room for the week.

11. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great info. I was about to book a comped Samba suite for the end of July but decided to book the premium instead.:thumbsup:

12. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the Samba Suite the only one comped? I had the standard deluxe suite
    comped but upgraded to a Premium Strip/Pool view in Ipinema for the $20 sandwich. If you booked the Premium already are you paying extra? For me the $20 tip upgrade from the standard deluxe suite to Premium with a Strip/Pool in the Ipinema Tower was well worth it. But i hope the Premium is also comped, otherwise keep the comped room then upgrade using the sandwich in the Ipinema. You don't need to "pay" for a Premium Suite, just do the tip and ask for a Premium with Strip view for $20. I only stay in comped rooms but upgrade at the front desk.

13. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had deluxe, premium, and Samba rooms available for free (except for the resort fee of course).

14. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have all three types comped and $18 resort fee waived.

The 3 P Trip (Paris and Palms)
  15. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, great. I would take the comped Premium Suite and make sure you have a full Strip view like i had. I had room # 835, with sounds kind of low, but the 8th floor in Ipinema is actually higher because it's above the Pool Bar/Gift Shop etc. I have pics of the view and if i figure out how to post them in here i will.

16. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you get the resort fee waived?

17. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get the fee waived my being Platinum or above. Also, you can get the new TR Visa card which will automatically upgrade you to Platinum.

18. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't stayed at a CET property since they implemented resort fees; do they not waive them for all comped rooms like other properties? Wynncore, Cosmo, Trop and Palms always waive the resort fees on my comped rooms so I thought CET would do the same. I stayed at Caesars comped in December (before resort fees but after they came out with early check in fee); I checked in at 10am and they waived the early check in because the room was comped.

19. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No they only waive them for Platinum and above. It does seem harsh compared to other places but waiving fees on comped rooms is not the official policy at every other hotel. Some are pretty squishy about it and are probably looking for a way to charge fees on comped rooms but are afraid of irritating their higher rollers.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.