1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget Parking Question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Droyus, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droyus

Droyus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm considering staying at the GN for the very first time on July 10th and 11th in a Rush Tower room.

When I stayed at the Fremont for the first time last year, I was caught by surprise by their mandatory valet parking. I'd never valet parked before in my life because I do NOT like the idea of relinquishing my car and my keys to strangers. And then tipping the valets for the privilege of getting my car back! I'm a do-it-yourself parker.

Does the GN offer a choice of valet and self-parking? Or would I be facing another valet-only situation?

2. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have self park. I think Fremont is the only hotel downtown that only has valet.

3. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golden Gate is Valet only as well.

Golden Nugget's Self Park is just a short walk to the Rush Tower entrance. It will be quite full on weekends, and if you leave, might not get a spot on return.

4. Droyus

Droyus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info! It's nice to know that the GN doesn't snatch your car away. I'll be there in the middle of the week since I enjoy the cheap rooms, smaller crowds and easier parking.

5. g-didi

g-didi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The self park is just across the street from the Rush Tower. Its a free standing parking structure. Really nearby - not a big deal getting in and out etc.

6. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be careful what you leave in your car in plain view in that garage. Parked there last October for 2 nights, came back to my car, and saw the side window of the car next to mine was smashed in. Glass was everywhere.

They charge to park there, but if you are a guest, it is free. When you leave, just tell the guard at the gate your name and he may or may not ask for your room number as well. They do validate your parking for the first 3 hours if you just want a quick visit though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.