1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My moan and groan

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Tammy58, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a 6:45 am flight tomorrow, A 27 and A 28 boarding passes printed out. I should be ecstatic...we only go once a year! I have also had a very personal relationship with my bathroom for the past 3 days. There is a stomach bug going around my area and I really think that the anxiety of the trip enhances my underlying medical conditions. It better stop before I head out on a long day of traveling. Been living on Gatorade and toast (and immodium) for the past few days. Just Very :grrr: right now. If I don't make it to Tuesdays meet you will know why.

2. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh! We have that one here too. If the Imodium isn't helping, there's a prescription strength version that you could probably get from a doc-in-a-box type place if you tell them you're traveling. Just an idea! I had the same issue on my last trip, as my work's had a ton of stomach bugs this year.

If you need the name, let me know! :peace:

3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man. I'm sorry. I really hope it clears up today.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get a scrip! it will take care of the plumbing issues.

5. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know exactly how you feel Tammy. In 2008, the night where just hours before my flight out for a weekend to Vegas, I felt queasy and ejected what I thought was just food that didn't agree with me. I get to the airport, fly out to Vegas with no issues and then had to make a fast visit to the porcelain bowl again at McCarran. I knew something was wrong now. I get to the hotel and was confined to it for the rest of the night. I couldn't be more than 10 feet away from the can. This continued to the next day and finally cleared out by that evening.

I'm sure this has happened to a number of us once before our highly anticipated trip to sin city. I hope things clear up for you in time for your trip! Drink lots of water.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know how it can just slam you. Our trip to Phoenix in Feb something got to my wife on the trip. She looked so bad, the FA had a wheelchair waiting for her when we arrived. We didn't request it.

She almost made it to the bathroom at the rental car facility.:vomit:

She spent that night and all of the next day in bed, but the good news is we still managed two rounds of golf and a Spring training baseball game after it cleared up.

Hope you're better!

7. Sunbeamblue2002

Sunbeamblue2002 Tourist

Hope you feel better soon and have a great trip

8. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all, I'm sure trip anxiety is probably making it a little worse than it would have normally been. Popping the meds, careful what I eat and I am sure it will pass in time. As long as I don't make a fool of myself on the plane it will all be good in the end. After all it's Vegas :thumbsup:

9. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope your stomach is much better in time for your trip. There has been so much stomach crud going around this year. I hope you're back to normal soon!

10. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you feel better soon. I had that problem one trip, started 30 minutes before take off and ended 30 minutes after returning home. Still had a good time. Don't think my college buddy was to happy though.

11. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeez...sure hope you feel well enough to travel!

12. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Losing my entire gambling budget and getting sick before a trip are two of my biggest fears. Hope you get better soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.