1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Excalibur to the Welcome to Vegas Sign...

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by CasperGemini, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CasperGemini

CasperGemini Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ... wondering how to get there and what are my options. (leaning towards cab)

2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would take a cab and go early afternoon and not morning.
    Sure there won't be a crowd early morning, but if you go too early the sign will be brightly lite by the sun but you will be dark and in the shade. This doesn't make for a good picture. Editing improved it but not enough.

We took a cab from NYNY and had the cabbie wait. There was only another couple there so the wait was not too long. If we went a bit later there would be more of a wait but the sun would have been in a better position.
    With tip the cab was probably $30 because we had the person wait.

3. 3544quebec

3544quebec High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope the cabbie took you via the tunnel both ways for the authentic Las Vegas experience

4. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're reasonably fit, take a nice walk there in the morning before it gets too hot. Just walk south on Las Vegas Blvd.

5. CasperGemini

CasperGemini Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed the weather has been shifting a lot lately, it's still cool in Texas for May, by now I should be able to dip in the pool, yet it's very cold down here, so hopefully in the middle of june, it will be nice and cool enough for a nice brisk walk to the sign from there, otherwise, i'd probably take a cab.

6. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excalibur to Vegas sign

You could walk if you wanted to, about a mile. depending on how many people in your group. if its 2 or 3 , a cab isn't a bad way to go. If your group is larger and want a more comfy ride, maybe a bottle of champagne, then a limo.

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget that you can take the tram from Excalibur to Mandalay Bay; it's only a little over a half-mile from where the Mandalay Bay driveway kicks you out to Las Vegas Boulevard. However, there's no crosswalk there (they're in the planning stages of building one, and I think it's going to be ready some time next year), and crossing LVB is a dicey proposition. I think a cab is probably your best/safest bet.

8. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, i have that same cam. There is going to be a Harley dealer on the lot (in the upper screen) across from the sign, the construction will probably slow down some of the cars wizzing by from LA. As another poster said, use the Mandalay Bay tram and then carefully cross the street. I think before 10 am is best, the LA crowd going back to Cali usually get on the road after 11 am, and the LA drivers going into Vegas won't be coming in till late afternoon.

10. CasperGemini

CasperGemini Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWEET! I just may do that! THANKS EVERYONE! If you know new advice, Let's hear it!

11. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just watching the cam, and a cop car drives by. Next thing you know 2 cops are walking around there and one takes pics for a group then someone else takes a pic of their friend with the 2 officers. How cool are those cops?? Very nice of them to do all that..

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.