1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas TV Show Cancelled

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by BeeeJay, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Darn one of my favorite shows!!!

:cry::cry::cry:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/10/vegas-cancelled-by-cbs/182067/

Guess last nights season finale was the last episode ever. It did kind of run its course and it was a decent wrap up, unlike Push, Nevada. Once it was moved to Fri night the writing was on the wall.

Also see Rules Of Engagement is canceled. Another bummer but again sort of ran its course. They got a little too dependent on Timmy and Spade thing. I'll miss Puddy though.

2. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :cry::grrr::cry:

This makes me sad. If it was an AMC or HBO show it would have been done right and made it. This is poopie poopie news. It's miserable weather. I'm tired and cranky. This just put me over the edge. I'm putting on my jammies and hitting the liquor before dinner.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I said before Friday is where shows go to die. Definitely not surprised.

4. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :grrr:

I am sad to see Vegas go and Rules of Engagement. Although, like Beejay......I was getting a bit tired of the lecherous Spade character and somehow turning Adam into a complete weirdo. What was up with that?

I think LolaDoggie gave us all some good advice about liquor.......I'll be drinking heavily in Vegas starting on Wednesday morning!

5. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn; just as it was growing into a great show!

6. Guardian

Guardian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Morons at CBS, what else is new.

7. 4Eyes

4Eyes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my single days when I did not have a date on a Friday -- which was most of the time -- over the years I used to enjoy Dallas, Miami Vice, The Love Boat and Fantasy Island, among other Friday night TV shows. Then again, at that time I don't think Fridays were the TV graveyard as it seems to be now.

I liked the Vegas show. I thought Michael Chiklis was miscast, but the Mia Rizzo character was easy on the eyes, and I thought the assassin Jones character was terrific.

8. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RIP to another great show!. Do we need another stupid reality show?:grrr:

9. theotherone

theotherone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man I've got like 18 of these on the upstairs dvr. I watched the 1st one and never got to the others.

Is it worth starting?

I'm still pissed 'The Playboy Club' was killed after just 3 eps thanks to goody 2-shoe moms with nothing better to do. But I digress.

10. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am surprised they aired the final episodes - it was pretty clear this show was a goner when they pretty much stopped promoting it and moved it to a bad night. Usually when it gets like that they just cancel it and move on to showing reruns in its timeslot.

11. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also grew to really like the show. Watching it from the beginning made it easier to follow. If I had started watching after several episodes I doubt that I would have liked it.

I agree with 4Eyes about Michael Chiklis, he just didn't seem to fit.

12. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have them all on my DVR, so I guess I can delete them now. It has gotten to where I dont watch shows until I know they are going to be renewed, because I hate investing time in them, and then, POOF they are gone with no conclusion.

SMASH got cancelled too. I am just catching up on season 2 of it. Bummer. At least with SMASH they are saying that the season finale works as an end for the show, meaning they knew it might not be renewed.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  13. BurlingtonDoodle

BurlingtonDoodle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is too bad about Vegas - but I'm actually more upset over Rules of Engagement. One of the funniest shows out there!

14. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Classic line from the second to the last episode... as the suave young Entertainment Director is trying to chat-up the adorable Mia Rizzo, he says something to the effect of, "I'm glad I'm not your boyfriend." She immediately replies, "Ohhh c'mon now, we both know that's not true."

I'm sure gonna miss her!

15. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She was in another short lived show; Alcatraz.

I'm pretty sure I watched every episode of Vegas. I thought it was getting better!
    Too bad they cancelled it! Oh well at least CSI is still on. Been watching it from day one!

16. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quelle surprise!! :rolleyes2:

The end was signaled when it moved to Friday nights and had that long hiatus. It's almost like CBS didn't know what to do with the show. While the show had a lot of faults and areas of improvement I felt that since it came back in it's new time slot it was a lot more solid both in the story lines and characters. It also seemed to try to get away from the crime of the week formula and focus more on the larger story arc which is what good shows do.

It's too bad really as it was a decent show and was entertaining. At least the season(series) finale wrapped things up good enough to end things without having a bunch of loose ends.

17. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since TBS picked up the horrible Cougar Town and keeps putting out new horrible sit-coms every week it seems, maybe they will pick it up or Ted Turner will throw it to TNT (more of a TNT type show)

Me and a buddy went to KC this weekend and we discussed how the Braves games are no longer broadcast on TBS like they used to be. I am not sure what Ted has going on, those sit-coms they are making are absolutely horrible.

18. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apparently the show Golden Boy which is the one that CBS bumped Vegas to Friday nights because of also got the ax. :evillaugh

19. armybrat

armybrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to miss Mia. :cry:

20. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, now "Vegas" goes into the memory bank along with "Lucky." :(

Not quite the memorable lines like, "We could always sell another rental car..." to live in family lore, but it will still be missed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.