1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Meaning of (M)Life

Discussion in 'Comps' started by luvzmuzik, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvzmuzik

luvzmuzik Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I realize that this may be a philosophical question since there's no real rhyme or reason to MLife and its marketing malfunctions, but I've been wondering if anyone has a theory as to why offers shown on the website when I log into my account are substantially (and I mean very substantially) less than what I get from my host? It just seems to me that at the end of the day, it's all about play. Why such a wide variance?

2. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never have any offers on my MLife Acct and get laughable reduced rate offers thru emails, then I text my host and he gives me RFB. Doesn't make much sense to me either.

3. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah - I completely ignore my online offers as worthless. I always arrange through host.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not a problem that the online offers are less than what you get from your host. They are marketing offers and they should be less. Now if the host can't beat the MLife offers, then you have a problem.

5. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't complain - because I get kick-ass offers from M Life. I am heading for the Aria on Saturday, 3 nights in a city-view corner suite, $700 in Free play, $300 in food and Zarkana tickets. 3 weeks later I am staying at the Bellagio on a marketing offer, Suite, $700 in free play, $1,050 in food, VIP check-in and limo. Is it the difference between slot and table play? I exclusively play slots - for 10+ hours a day.

6. maximus56k

maximus56k Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in the same boat as Josie. Great offers including 1k in FP at both NYNY and Bellagio. I too am a slot only player.

7. nyc

nyc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find that my Aria host tends to 'combine' offers - so my corporate offer is for a regular suite + RFB and my Aria offer is for a sky suite + a much lower credit, and he'll usually deliver a sky suite + RFB (plus show tix, etc.)

8. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't the "Meaning of Life" a Monty Python movie?? :thumbsup:

9. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get no MLife offers. If I call, I get an offer. I think it's because I play tables.

10. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could be partly slots vs table, but also just customer profile and history.

I am tables only. The offers I get are not very good (not as good as the ones you describe), but I have never used an offer - I always just call my host. So maybe the fact that I never use them causes me to get worse offers?

(I ultimately get comped well above the total value of the offers you describe, so it is not a level of play issue)

11. bacclover

bacclover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because most of their recent corporate offers are more like FMLife

12. FJD

FJD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious what kind of coin-in you're doing to get 1K at these properties?

By comparison, I'll earn about 325,000 Tier at MGM Grand and accrue about or $400 of Point Play over a three-day stay, and I'm currently getting $700 of Freeplay.

13. vegasdawg11

vegasdawg11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This might happen because it takes much longer to build theo on tables vs. slots, so if you bust out quick then the theo doesn't accumulate. You'll get comped accordingly afterwards because your host will see you lost a lot and comp based on actual instead of theo, but the offers that go out through Mlife are usually based on theo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.