1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Early check-in at the Plaza?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by boxsocial, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxsocial

boxsocial Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, so I found an earlier flight to Vegas on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend that gets me arriving to the airport after 11AM. I plan on catching the WAX at noon-ish, and should be getting to the Plaza downtown around 12:45-1PM. I called the Plaza front desk two times and asked about early check-in... the first time they said the fee is $22 before 12PM and there's a smaller fee before 4PM, the second time they said the fee is $20 before 12PM and no charge after 12PM. Can anybody confirm what the actual early check-in fee and times are?

2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    why bother?

just drop your stuff at the bell desk and start the party.

I used to check in early all the time and about 1/2 the time we were either on different floors or did not get the rooms we wanted like we wanted a kind and got 2 queens, that sort of thing.

Now I just drop my stuff at the bell desk and come back about 6pm or so. Everyone will have cleared out by then and they have a better picture of what roms they can and cant gove away.

I have been upgraded about 1/2 the time without even asking by doing this and get the rooms i want or better.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Years ago we checked in at the Plaza early in the morning (9:00am or so) and there was no issue.

4. boxsocial

boxsocial Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the main reason i want to check in early is so i can hit the pool right away and have all my stuff setup so i'm not just wandering around in a swimsuit for hours. i like having a home base available ASAP when i go on a trip, the peace of mind is invaluable.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there last year and they were a little strict upon check in. Actually I stayed at the lvc and they moved me over to the plaza. Even then, they wouldn't allow me early check in, said that the rooms weren't available (I wanted a non smoking room with a king bed). I had to wait with the crowd until 3 pm to check in, by then 15 people were already in line and it took me almost 30 minutes to check in even though there were 3 clerks working.

IMHO it will probably depend on who is working the desk, some may allow the early checkin and others may charge you. I think you should expect the worse (charged for early check in) so you won't be surprised if they charge you for early check in.

At the lvc (sister property), the clerk was a total dirtbag, rude and adamant and charged for early check ins before 3 pm.

and they wonder why people slam the plaza and lvc? maybe better management might help, at least be consistent and tell the staff the same thing so they can give out the same information.

6. Jet1085

Jet1085 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in at the plaza last summer at 11:00 AM. No issues and no extra charge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.