1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas How are people at Level 400 and 300 so fast

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by pphold, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    some of the friends i have jump from 150 to 400 and 300 in a few days? how is that Possible?

I play everyday and is only at Level 82.

2. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They save up chips and only spend them on double XP days. This last weekend was a double XP weekend for the Mirage game.

Also some people buy lots of chips and play BJ, which is the fastest way to level up. I had an incredible run on BJ about 2 weeks ago. I started with 30,000 chips and a few hours later I had 3.4 million chips playing only BJ. That 3.4 million lasted me about a week and I went up 110 levels in 7 days playing 30K a hand.

3. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know, it seems crazy to me and I play A LOT!

IMO, there's really no point to level up that fast (once you have all your properties built at level 68), if you are using the game to get rewards. The point is to maximize your LP gain per $ so you get the most LP for your "money".

(Unless you want to get something that is locked until a certain level, that is.)

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea I don't see the point, isn't it basically useless after level 140? The point is to get more LPs not more levels.

5. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess for me, the LPs are a reason to level up, since I'm getting 1000 LPs every time I level up (at 150 now, having gone up a few levels over the weekend).

6. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most people jump that many levels with millions of chips and double XP. It can be looked as going twice as fast through the level OR it could be looked as losing twice as many LPs.

As an example, take Mirage, even though you may be betting 15K and getting 30K XP points (through double XP), it'll still take you 6 spins to get 10 LP (at above Level 140). So instead of getting 20 LP from doing 300,000 you'll only get 10 LP. Betting that high amount also doesn't get very much LP in the long run anyways (in general) so you're losing out even more potential (optimal is 1500 spin @ 8 spins = 12000, which is 250 LP in 300,000 XP). I would want 250 LP vs. 10 LP (25x). And as far as the level-up bonus of 1000 LP, eventually you will get those bonuses when you reach that high level -- so getting to it now vs. getting to it later both results in the same amount of 1000 LP.

Another reason is once you reach the high levels, the amount of XP needed to reach the next level becomes so high that getting to the 1000 LP takes too long to get to. I remember when I reached 170 when 175 was the max and it took like 12.5 million to reach the next level. And not to mention once you reach 1 Billion XP points, your ability to gain LPs goes down even further.

I wouldn't worry so much about what happens with everyone else. As long as you're getting the optimum number of LPs, then it doesn't matter. For my level, I've noticed a lot of people catching up to me too (I'm at Level 294 right now) but I know some of them have like 150-200k LPs less than what I have because of all the wasted LPs from the double XPs.

7. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really depends how much time you want to invest in the game... I just ran some numbers that make me want to flip the bird at "optimal LPs".

To get from level 58 to level 135:

Optimal 1K/spin: It would take you 168.8 hours and net 217K LP (1284 LP/hour)

10K/spin: It would take you 16.9 hours and net 162K LP (9529 LP/hour)

I am thinking the extra 150 hours for a ticket to KA is a bit much ;)

I am even one who has all the time in the world... 4 months until the trip and I can run it in the background of my every day life and check it every now and again to respin/play bonus games but looking at the numbers that's just too much work.

At that rate for every $100 in comps earned "optimally" you could have $75 by putting in 10% of the time.

I'm sure it changes at level (whatever) but I don't have exp charts higher than 135. I will reevaluate once I am in the 130's but would assume it is somewhat similar.

8. tacallian

tacallian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's simple. If you can get yourself to the 1M chip mark or above and start to bet 10K per hand with 2-3 hands, you are playing a low house edge game in Blackjack versus playing 10-15K a spin in the slots. The trick is having the mental fortitude if you're usually a slot player to both not play and use the perfect strategy card which is readily available via a quick search on google.

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea that's true. But, the farther you go doesn't it get harder to earn points?

10. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm at 111 right now. I've been getting 10LP per 6x1000 spin since level 58. I have heard that somewhere in the 100's it will take 9x1000 to get the same amount.

I played some blackjack last night. 10k per hand x 2 hands. In half an hour I leveled twice and went from 30k in chips to 300k. I can definately see why people are playing blackjack.

I can also see why leveling fast would be advantageous after level 58. From there it's essentially the same amount of chips per LP for the remainder of the game. I plan on levelling fast to 165 to get the biggest daily spin wheel. From there I'll grind out LPs at 1000 per spin until this game finally shuts down or they change the chip to LP ratio.

11. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you say billion, like with a b? :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.