1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

ALAMO - what type of converts do they have ?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by StuartUK, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all :)

I've got a booking with Alamo (booked via Alamo.co.uk)
    I've just signed up for the Alamo insider, although unsure as to whether that helps me collect the car a bit quicker or lets me choose ? ?????

Is the process of getting the car as simple as:
    Get in the queue, hand over confirmation (in my case, its FULLY prepaid with all insurances & fuel).
    Then go off to the garage and collect my own car ????

I've booked a convertable, so if anyone has hired with Alamo recently, dont suppose you recall what kind of convertables they have ? (Mustangs ?, 200's ? , Eclipse's ??? )

Show me the money Jerry, show me the money!!!
  2. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming you are not a US citizen, I'm not sure if you can use the check-in kiosk. That's your best bet if you can. You'll skip the line, use the kiosk, go up the escalator and pick your car.

As for the type of convertible, last time I rented one from Alamo the choices were eclipse and 200. I know they have mustangs as well, but not the last time I rented.

3. couponqueen

couponqueen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alamo Rental

We are Canadian and rent from Alamo quite often in Las Vegas. We do the "save time" feature before we arrive and print it out and just head directly to the car garage (no counter or kiosk), give our paperwork to the person in the garage and they direct us to the row we can pick our car from. At the check out kiosk, we give them our credit card and license to check and off we go. It usually takes about 10 minutes unless we debate on which car to take!!! Hope this helps.

4. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It also depends on what time you pick it up too I'd imagine. I had a car reserved a couple weeks ago, fullsize. Got to the car rental place just before midnight, even though I was 30 minutes earlier than my scheduled reservation there were NO full size cars.
    They pointed me to Enterprise's row across the aisle and there was a lone black Nissan Altima sitting there. I would imagine I could have argued that I wanted a full size but I'd only paid $20/day and we have a 2005 Altima so I was curious to check out a new one.

Long story short, it appears late at night on a Fri or Sat the pickings get pretty slim.....

5. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers all :)

Not a US citizen, so yeah i guess the kiosk-checkin is ruled out :) :)

I have also completed the 'SaveTime' option with all my details, so handy to know that i can head straight to the garage to pick my car! (i picked up a car with Dollar last time, but i'm a DE member so no checkin desk !).

Am picking the car up at 8am on a Saturday morning (that being the memorial weekend!!) At a guess, most cars will be hired that weekend ?!!! I got a convert for 1 week, so i hope they keep some back!!!! :D

Cheers for the info! :)

Show me the money Jerry, show me the money!!!
  6. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last fall we got a convertible and it was a Mustang. That was a fun trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.