1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gordi Brown and Travelzoo & Buffet

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Jimbo338, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cannot find the email but someone asked about the Gordi Brown show at the Golden Nuggett. General Seating for his show included the dinner buffet and someone was apprehensive cause the buffet was for the cheapest seat. Someone else stated that he had faith in Travel Zoo.

I had tickets to see him once before but got a call that my mom was not expected to live so I had to catch the next flight home. While I am fussy about sitting at some shows, this was not a concern so I purchased the package and was sent a confirmation via email which said nothing about the buffet and only that the tickets are at the box office at the GN. The only day I could get the package was on saturday, the day of my flight. I ended up working all night to get some last minute orders in the mail before I left. I should have known better.....never get show tickets for day of revival when you have to travel all day.

Well I arrived and checked in, then headed out to get my ticket for Gordi Brown and it did have a tear off coupon for the dinner buffet which is good for seven days BTW. WARNING!! Travelzoo's explanation led me to believe that you enjoy the buffet before or after the 7:30 show. What id didn't tell you is that the free buffet is for monday-friday. That is not a big deal really......if you know about it ahead of time. I flew in on sat and leave on tuesday. I could only buy the show and buffet on saturday so I bought it but went to the GN and was told that it didn't include sat or sunday (THEY HAVE A SEAFOOD BUFFET). That only left me monday to use it and I hate to plan my vacation around a buffet that I must eat on my last day of vacation or lose it! Fortunately I am flexible, or, should I say, was flexible.

Now as to the show. I was given a ticket with a seat row and number corresponding to my confirmation. I got in line and as we went to enter the theater, everyone in front of me was given directons to their seats. As I reached the guy he asked me to step aside. There I stood like a party crasher. He offered no explanation so I felt that he was seating the REAL customers first and would place me in an oddball seat somewhere. This had never happended to me at Goldstarevents.com or at TIX4TONITE! He finally said to sit in Row C #7. I went in and I was seven seats left of center aisle, third row. Not bad, I thought.Before the show since there were only 5 of us in the 3rd row the usher said we could slide towards the center. I moved one seat over (C8). This was my first time there and it was a very nice small theater with very comfortable seats.

The show started about 5 minutes late and Gordi did not stop for a minute til he finished at 9PM. His humor knew few boundries, was quick, funny and intuitive! His audience was an older crowd with plenty of young couples as well. I have never seen as many people laughing for so long and so continuously. It is easy to see why he draws a crowd, has been consistent and easily adlibs to adapt to his audience. He may not be the best impressionist but he is one of them, and it is obvious that he loves what he does. He had friends and relatives in the audience which may have brought out the best, but it was a fun 90 minutes of entertainment worth the price with or without the buffet. For those intersted the cheap seats are great too. It is a small theater, aabout 2/3 full and there are no bad seats.

I plan on dinner buffet tonight.....my first buffet at the GN.

Jimbo338

2. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review Jimbo338, We are arriving tomorrow and are going to see the show Wednesday. Enjoy your Buffet!

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  3. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with everything you said. It's a classy, old-Vegas venue and show. Just the right amount of naughty humor and lots of fun. Love the showroom.:beer:

4. csdole

csdole Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was in Vegas last Saturday (5/11) and bought tickets via Travelzoo that afternoon, and went to GN about 6pm, picked up the tickets from box office (that included buffet), went right to buffet, and had no problems redeeming the buffet tickets for Saturday night. Went to the 7:30pm show right after, tipped the maitre d a $5 bill, and sat in second row. Not a bad deal, and show was pretty good.

5. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw the show on the 10th and had no issues getting the buffet even though the confirmation did not indicate the buffet was included. Wasn't expecting much from the buffet but we found it to have a good selection and everything was fresh and flavorful. The desserts were better than the Paris buffet! The show is not geared toward "old people" as my 26 year old son enjoyed it as much as I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.