1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo pool scene

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by papason, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papason

papason Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a cheap deal on the flamingo for July with two other buddies(early 30s). How's the pool scene? Prob will hit up Wet Republic @Mgm one day while out there.. Is it a really young crowd? The rep on the phone told me we can go to Planet Hollywood and Paris pool by using our Room Key but not caesars

2. snoopydogj

snoopydogj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pool scene is probably perfect for 30 something. Friday - Sat. is loud & crazy.......not rehab crazy.

Only bitch is you'll have to get in line early.....like 8-9 ealy to get some decent chairs.

3. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah the pool at Flamingo is a lot of unpretentious fun. You may not get the Encore Beach Club level of hotness but lets face it, most of us can't pull those chicks anyway.

By about 4pm, guys are wearing the beer buckets on their heads and bottle caps are floating all over the surface .. a sign of the fun that ensues.

I would stay at Flamingo, dont even bother with the pool at PHo or Paris

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pool sceence is perfect for you and its free for hotel guest,dedfinatly a plus

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pool sceence is perfect for you and its free for hotel guest,definatly a plus

6. Kagedawg

Kagedawg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Previous replies all pretty much nailed it. You will have a good time at Flamingo pool and no need to bother with PHo or Paris.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ps dont worry about going early to get a seat, just put your stuff down and jump in or hang by the pool .you will be fine

8. steveged

steveged Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will like the Flamingo Pool. Good 20/30/40 crowd and a huge pool layout. I agree with someone who stated that you would be better off going right when the pool opens to get a good seat.

The people at the pool seem to be more sociable then at other places. Last year we met all kinds of people and started up tons of friendly conversation. Its not the Marquee Day Club crowd, which is good in some ways. Just get in the pool, walk around, and start up some conversations.

Heads up on the mixed drinks. They are strong, and when its hot out, make sure you hydrate.

9. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many shots are in the specialty drinks in the pink plastic cups?

What are they priced at?

10. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was there, it was a good 1/3 of the drink was booze. They run around $15-18.

11. Packlawyer04

Packlawyer04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is what i remember as well regarding price. I was there last summer. The drinks are very strong.

The pool is fun. You have a wide mix of people. There are usually go go dancers dancing in the middle on weekends. There is a booty-shaking contest later in the afternoon once the alcohol has kicked in. That gets pretty crazy.

12. steveged

steveged Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think around 20.00 or a little under for a pretty heavy duty cup (Drinking out of it right now). They do not skimp on the alcohol. I had a captain and seven up and it was at least 2-3 shots worth in the drink. I think someone said 1/3 full which I agree. Charge em to your room and pay leter :)

13. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charge 'em to your Total Rewards credit card!

14. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better yet, charge 'em to your Daddy's credit card!

15. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just at the pool a couple weeks ago. Plenty of room for everyone, the grotto is always fun to get out of the sun or watch drunk people try to walk. Lounge chairs are always full, so we just put our things in a rolled-up towel underneath a chair close to the "lip" of the pool.

Go-go dancers are nice, albeit unnecessary. Always fun to see people climb up there and try to dance, only to get shoved off by a 5'5" UNLV student in a pink bikini.

16. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have $180 in Total Rewards Credits - thanks to last years Escape to Total Rewards. I will be using that for pool drinks.

17. the12teddy

the12teddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was always under the assumption TR credits can be used on everything except alcohol? I could be wrong though

18. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Pool Bar at The Flamingo is listed as a place to use quick rewards, so is Harrahs Carnival Court, Bugsy's Bar at The Flamingo, Sully's bar at Ballys and a bunch of other bars - so I think you can. If anyone knows for sure that woudl be appreciated.

19. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I imagine that people come down in the morning to reserve chairs for later.

I like to go to the pool a round when it opens. If there are a lack of chairs because people are saving them with towels, can you/have you ever removed the abandoned towel?

Can you ask the pool attendant to?

20. steveged

steveged Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never done that (but sure have wanted to) as we always have one person go down and watch the chairs we have towles on till everyone gets down. Give it a try and let me know what happens :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.