1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Zarkana

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Reefer, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reefer

Reefer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed ZARKANA the other night at ARIA. We had free tickets from a package deal with Southwest Vacations. When we arrived I gave a $20 tip that moved us up to 1st row ($180 seats). We love Cirque shows and have not heard much about ZARKANA but I would recommend it. What these performers can do never ceases to amaze me.

2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One note on this...don't waste the $20. We got moved up Friday night just by my sister in law asking. They are barely selling half their tickets, so they fill the front.

3. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, we were there Sunday night and got moved up to the 4th row. What a wonderful show! We especially enjoyed being so close the performer's facial expressions could be seen. IMO the best cirque show in Vegas .....

4. Elaine Vegas

Elaine Vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is great...I'll keep this in mind for our Oct trip. We were just at Ka and loved it. Didn't like Zumanity though...a waste of tickets for us.

5. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So ... whom does one ask when looking for a free seat upgrade? A box office agent or usher? Is this normal with the Cirque shows or is Zarkana not performing well? And has anyone tried this on other cirque shows? We also have tickets to KA and Zumanity and would love to get closer seats if given the chance. :)

6. Pattie

Pattie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am heartened by your comments. I have read a lot of comments and reviews from people who did not like this show. We have tickets for our next trip and are looking forward to seeing it so thanks for sharing that you enjoyed it.

7. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We also enjoyed this show.
    Most people will disagree but I liked it better than O.

8. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also was pleasantly surprised when I saw it Friday. I think the fact that I went in with low expectations helped me enjoy it.

9. conor9935

conor9935 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have tickets for Zumanity for July when i get in, how is the show?

10. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be the negative one here and say we did not like the show. I think I might have thought differently had I not seen all the other Cirque shows in town. Going from Love the night before,Zark did not even come close. Maybe if they actually sung in English and not Cirquish that might have helped me understand what I just saw.

It was more random circus acts than an actual show. Sure they are talented. But do I want to watch a woman juggle for 15 minutes? As an opening act! Or sit through 15 minutes of someone dancing and spinning, alone, center stage? Other acts had too many people doing things, and they were all tricks I can see at Ringling Brothers, not really art like the other shows in town. And the clown acts took way too long. I understand its a small stage and they have to keep prepping it. But its not like they were pulling out awesome props. So many fart jokes. I guess anything for a reaction.

O must be seen. Ka with the moving theater stage is an experience. Beatles Love was great and moving. Very well presented. Zarkana? None of the above. At least to us. To each his own. I know on Trip adviser there are just over 300 reviews and 1/2 of them say its average and below on this show.

Love on the other hand has 4600 reviews with just 431 average or belows. Under 10%

11. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For us it was the usher. She was moving lots of people up because the show was half full.

I've been to all the cirque shows and never seen it anywhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.