1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Hosts

Discussion in 'Comps' started by TrunksFull, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I know Aria hosts get mixed reviews on here. But that's where I am staying so I have to ask:

1) Is it worth seeking out a host at Aria? I'm certainly not going to blow their socks off with play. I bring about 15k in gambling money and play ~150 per roll on craps (not including odds), $50.00 blackjack and $100.00 pai gow, occasionally higher, occasionally lower. Don't play slots or VP very much.

2) How do you introduce yourself to a host? I've always had the host introduce themselves to me. Do I just go to the VIP area and ask? And is my level of play even worth it?

Thanks.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your play will get a host's attention. You show 7 trips to Vegas. Where have you played in the past? Do you have a players club card and what is your level? What sort of offers are they offering up front?

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a big fan of the hosts at Aria (actually, that is an understatement), but it never hurts to introduce yourself and ask for one (just keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed). Just go to the host office between the main cage and the high limit blackjack area (through the glass door). There are always one or two hosts on duty. introduce yourself and see what happens. Good luck

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been in that room to speak with a host twice. They seem terribly put out to have to bother with anyone. I do have a "dedicated" host there, but he is less than helpful.

As a result, I pretty much stick to the free room, FP, Food offers from Corporate and Express Comps.

5. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have posted multiple times in the past about my problems with Aria hosts (which a couple other friends have confirmed privately to me that they had similar experiences). Its mostly just about attitude. The ones I have used in the past range from bothered when I call to total ambivalence. Either way, I will pop in here from time to time for the food and maybe play a game or two, but I think my future business is going to focus on Bellagio, MB, MGM, and Wynn. The hosts I have there are always friendly and always helpful

The plans have changed
  6. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Aria host is fantastic--she is efficient, organized and takes great care of us. My experiences at Bellagio have been just the opposite--when you find a great host, you follow them around....at least that's what we have done as we have followed her from NYNY to TI to Mirage to NYNY and now to Aria.

Yes, your $15K in bankroll would definitely get noticed by a host. You would easily rate a limo pickup to and from the airport in addition to your corporate offer.

7. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With a 15k bankroll per trip, they should be rolling out the red carpet for you.
    Lots of us have have dedicated hosts on full ride comps and don't put that much at risk on a weekend. Find a host.

8. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Btw, I'm upset to hear such bad thing re Aria hosts. I was looking to get a stay in there this month. So many restaurants I've never been to.

9. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip. Any more info on the limo situation? Probably not plausible for my trip this week but for the future, how do you usually work that out? Just establish a level of pay and talk to the host?

10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay nearby and visit. That's what I do now

The plans have changed
  11. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just arrange your next trip through your host and ask for airport limo. If you had good play this trip, you can also ask for a limo to airport when you settle up at end of trip (i.e., when you ask the host or the VIP desk to review your play for additional comps)

12. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    previously I would have agreed that Aria hosts are poor. I had a decent host there for a while, but he retired a couple of years ago. but now one of my favorite hosts moved over there recently, so that's changed. I might actually stay there next time.

13. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which one? Sounds like he or she will be an upgrade over the current staff

The plans have changed
  14. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last trip there was absolutely no problem with my host who new to me and to the aria. If you called the host office I would believe that they could set you up with a limo from the airport with no problem at all. All they can do is say no, but I doubt they will. You have around the same budget I have and they drove me anywhere I asked to go.

15. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the advice guys. One more sleep and I'm headed for the Aria/

16. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to eat the food at Aria, free. Wish Cosmo gave hard comps.

17. Bane

Bane Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had some odd experiences with my Aria host as well and he is a host who I have known prior to his moving to Aria.

I have a low six-figure line of credit at Aria and was always given the same Sky Villa over my first 3 stays. Then last year my host told me he could not guarantee the Villa, only a 2 bedroom Sky Suite. My play hadn't changed. This happened each time I asked and I ended up not staying there once.

They have a lot of big players at Aria who will get the best Villas but they are often booked for corporate functions as well. I have noticed that during each of my stays.

18. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's similar to what I experienced. Just thrown in a bad attitude and its almost exactly what I experienced :nono:

The plans have changed
  19. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get there wed. night.Look for me at the craps table.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.