1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Excalibur - adding days to existing reservation

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Candy Apple, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a contemporary room at the Ex booked for May 12-15 at an excellent rate. I have reservations at the D for May 10-11. Due to all the construction and the greater number of bums downtown I've been reading about, I no longer want to stay there.

I just called the Excalibur and the previous deal I got has expired. I tried to book the additional two nights with another offer code I found and was told she could not combine two offer codes and I'd have to do it online.

I then asked if I could book online at the lower basic room rate explaining that I've read many times about people booking the basic room and being upgraded at no charge anyway. She said she wasn't aware of that and it would be up to the front desk.

Should I trust that I could book the additional two nights at the basic room rate and still get the contemporary room the entire time and without a mixup in reservations?

2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you give them any kind of gambling play? If so, I have a name I can send you to contact who may be able to help.

3. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nooo. We play penny machines. Thanks anyway, though.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go ahead and book it.

Worse case? You get a basic room for two days, then move.

Best case? They have pity and give you the better room up front.

5. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have plans for Sunday so would not want to deal with waiting in lines checking out and back in again...

6. orknid

orknid Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check the Excalibur website again. They have the 55% off contemporary room promotion posted again. Listed as through May 3. This makes the contemporary rooms cheaper than the regular rooms.

7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rebooked the five nights and cancelled the first reservation.

Thanks!

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to answer your question, in case it happens again, or for someone else's benefit:

Reservation 1 is under a publicly available offer code for May 12 - 15
    Room Type X

Later, you make a second reservation with a different offer code, for May 10 -12. Same room type X.

As long as they have room type x available when you arrive on May 10, you shouldn't have to move.

There are two less-than optimal possibilities that could occur:

1. When you get there on May 10, there are no Room Type X, so you have to take a better or worse room, and then choose to move later (if they gave you a worse room) or possibly (but not likely) be forced to move later (if they gave you a better room).

2. When you arrive, they truly can't combine your two reservations under a single number because of the different offer codes, meaning you'd have to go to the desk on day 3 to close out the first and start the second. You still shouldn't have to move. The fact that you're in the room already trumps anybody else who walks in that day with a reservation for the same room type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.