1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Clark County Shooting Range

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by NickyDim, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During our trip last week I wanted to take my family shooting but I didn't want to spend alot on exotic guns and shoot my load in just a few minutes (pardon the expression), so we got in the car and drove to the most northern edge of the valley to the Clark County Shooting Range.

We went on a Weds morning, beautiful sunny day (75*), simply gorgeous. And that is the word I'll use to describe the shooting facility. It is gorgeous. Nestled up against a 9000' mountain on an elevated plain. Look back and you see the city in the distance. Well, anyway, we got there and found out that there was no ammo for rifle or pistol, .22 cal long. Found out it's the same all over the state and beyond. But we did have plenty of shotgun ammo, so we decided to do some trap shooting.

We rented two 12 gauge shotguns for 4 of us ($10 apiece) and boxes of ammo and clays (each 25 shots were 3.75 as well as 25 clays). We had a terrific instructor (Terry) who was patient and friendly. My sons and I shot clays for an hour. It was a blast.

My wife and daughter didn't want to shoot so they rented bows ($10 apiece) and headed for the Archery range. Again another very friendly and knowledgeable instructor helped them out and they had a great time playing Hunger Games.

The facility is clean, new and HUGE. They have a 20 station Archery range, 24 station trap/skeet range, and a whole different range each for pistol and rifle. The place must cover 10 square miles, you have to drive from range to range.

If you are looking to do something different, this is an excellent choice. It was great family fun, and it taught my kids how to respect firearms. We certainly will do this again on our next trip, kids or no kids.

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
  2. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the write up. One of my buddies wants to do something like this and it's up to me as a trip planner to find something. Sounds like a decent price. He wants to shoot a machine gun though.

3. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well then you are going to have to pay top dollar. About a dollar a round, which with auto fire can add up pretty quickly. I don't know how much the gun rental is either which is always an extra charge.

4. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really! $1 a round? Was that the prices at this place or at any of those gun ranges that are advertised? That seems pretty expensive. A strip club sounds cheaper per minute of entertainment.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something to keep in mind is that this is a community gun range, not a for profit balls out machine gun place. Its run by the county like the boys club or a library is.

Its not a substitute for places like the gun store or whatever it is they call the machine gun place.

6. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are looking for machine guns or any exotic style gun, stick with the advertised ones and pay the big tab. It will most likely be shooting inside. The county range is a great place to spend some time shooting with family or friends. Shooting trap was awesome. It's inexpensive but generic. And like COusineddie said, it's a county facility, like a park.

7. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I see the difference now. I think my buddy would prefer the shooting range setup with machine guns. How much would those be for that experience, out the door, final price?

8. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to change topic, but does the machine gun places have Thompsons (tommy guns)?? I have shot many, many guns including machine guns, but the Navy obviously didn't have Tommy guns when I was in and I have always wanted to shoot one.

9. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    about $159 and up for basic 100 round packages for fully auto weapons. Check around, do a google search on shooting ranges, las vegas.

10. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the advertised places in the valley that offer machine guns offer Thompsons. Best is to call and do your research first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.