1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Place For Hot Towel/Razor Shave

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Rutgerskid, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rutgerskid

Rutgerskid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone...
    I'm looking to finally get a hot towel shave on my next trip in Vegas. Any ideas on the best place to go? I have been to The Art Of Shaving here on the East Coast. I'm sure it's the same out there. Any other places I should be looking into, even off-strip?

Thanks so much!

2. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Shoppes of Venetian have an Art of Shaving and there is also The Apothecary, which uses Art of Shaving products and was in the shoppes of Venetian before Art of Shaving arrived. Because The Apothecary isn't an actual AoS shop, they can do a little extra things like neck masage, a chair that vibrates your lower back and a little more. I prefer The Apothecary, it's down by (actually above) the Palazzo gaming floor. Your master barber is David.

3. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

By the way, there's a place on Sahara called Presidential Shave, haven't tried but read good things. May try this trip

4. Corsair66

Corsair66 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any comments on the Bellagio spa's Royal Shave? I've got an appointment there on 5/17.

Ken

5. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    go and see Luba at the Aria spa, she's absolutely fantastic.

I've gotten a few shaves up and down the Strip, and the job she does at Aria blows the rest of them away.

6. Rutgerskid

Rutgerskid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I have heard great things about the Aria Spa. I have Express Comps that can be used, so that's my front-runner right now.

7. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's fantastic if you have Johnny! He is actually the owner of Presidential Shave that someone mentioned, but he still works at the B as well.
    Once Johnny was on vacation and I had some Russian women who was not good despite telling me she had done shaves for XX years. My face had bad razor burn after her, that is why I only schedule with Johnny now!

8. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a "barber spa" within Qua at Caesars Palace. It is very clubby,almost nobody goes there. They give you free drinks, including JW blue with your treatments. One guy does the haircuts and shaves, a lovely lady now in middle age does manicures and pedicures. Both are outstanding at what they do and very old school Vegas. Prices are stupidly high, but you can easily drink your way through the price of the treatment and get it "free." About the time I was signing my bill last time, the manicurist conveniently reminded me that the huge glasses of JW blue she poured me would have cost $200 or so downstairs. The whole experience is highly recommended but they are not afraid to charge you for it. You get free access to the excellent Qua spa if you care about that.

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On a related note, is there anywhere worth going in the vicinity of MGM Grand? I normally stay at Mandalay, and rather like the Art of Shaving barber spa at Mandalay Place, but I'm at MGM this next trip and would not mind a nice shave while I'm there.

10. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second this. If you can't get Johnny at the B then don't bother. The shave at Canyon Ranch in the Palazzo is also very good it is a little more expensive, but you get use of the entire spa as well.

11. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ran out of time to get my pre-Vegas haircut at home and I was at South Point watching some March Madness games and couldnt take it any longer and someone said they saw a barber pole downstairs. I went off looking for it and it was the best haircut and shave Ive ever had. The guy told me whenever anyone from the royal family is in Vegas, they come to him because he used to work for them. I cant remember his name, but he was very nice and the shave was great.

12. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had a professional shave in my life, I've always done it myself. I don't need an exact figure, but what's a ballpark range of how much a shave would cost at some of these places you guys are mentioning?

13. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $50-75 plus gratutity

14. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    El Cortez $15 + $3 tip.

15. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    stfu are you serious!? :haha: A shave at Elcortez? For $15? Whodathunkit.

Seriously though, I've never done anything like this but it sound like it might be really awesome. I'd love to hear more about what its like and what's so appealing about it (as opposed to just taking 5 minutes to shave yourself). Basically I need someone to make it sound valuable enough so that I can do what I really want to do and splurge on it.

16. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I'll try to explain.
    It is a process and more than just a shave. You are given a hot towel on your face to soften your whiskers, then they straight razor shave you and it is a very thorough shave and the barber even feels for strays after the initial shave. Then you are given a mud mask followed by another hot towel, then a cold towel. There is more to the process, that I can't remember but your face will feel like a babies bottom afterwards and most likely you will not need to shave the next day.

17. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had a few regular barber shaves and they are great, almost like a massage. But I've never had a high end spa one. At home I use a brush and high quality cream and balm, but I use a safety razor, not a straight edge. It feels great and smells great.

I may plan a visit to the Bellagio spa this trip. I'm worth it dammit!

18. PeterNY

PeterNY Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. kittyglitter_mm

kittyglitter_mm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband always has one at Qua. He really enjoys it. It lasts a couple of days and makes his face really soft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.