1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Grand Rooms

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by martydavies, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martydavies

martydavies Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered, I am staying in a new grand king room in the MGM, I was just wondering if anyone has stayed in one of these rooms and what they were like?

Do you recommend an upgrade upon check-in?

Thanks,

Martin

2. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the nicer regular rooms on the strip.

3. ilovetogamble

ilovetogamble Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Grand did a great job on there renovation. For a regular room the size is comfortable for one or two people. All furnishing is brand new. They also improved the bathroom for taller people. The shower head is raised (thank god) as well - the bathroom is more brighter. Even the hallway is much improved. The Grand did a complete renovation of there property and they are still not finished. I would recommend you request for a room somewhat close to the elevator but it can effect your room view if you really want a room next to the elevator. So talk to them to see what you can do. The walks to elevator can be pretty long and gets annoying when you are stumbling back to your room. You can upgrade for more space but its not really that much for the next level - just a bigger couch and slightly bigger desk. Ask for the upgrade - they may sometimes give it to you for free. Doesnt hurt to try.

4. martydavies

martydavies Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for your feedback, I will definitely try and ask for a free upgrade, you never know :)

I can only imagine how long the walk must be to the elevators! The place looks huge from photo's I've seen.

Overall was you satisfied with your stay there?

5. thespiritoftruth

thespiritoftruth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed there 4 times over the past 2 years, and the renovations greatly improved the rooms, which were lacking when compared to what most of the strip MGM properties had become. I've only stayed in their suites, and have had plenty of room, even when there was 4 of us staying in them between the couches, beds, etc. The electronically controlled blackout curtains are a huge improvement (and basically a necessity in Vegas) as they allow the rooms to be nearly pitch black to either block out the strip lights at night, the sunrise or to help hide that huge ball of fire in the sky when the headache from hangover is unbearable :drunk: . They have the shower and tub separate in their suites (not sure of the other rooms), as that is a plus in my book.
    Overall, from what I have seen the rates going for when compared to other places, they seem very reasonable when compared to like properties.

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a grand queen room, same thing pretty much (just queen beds). It's very nice! Really updated, all the technology was cool. But really, it's just a standard hotel room. Also worth noting, small bathtub in the shower.. so no soaker tub if that matters to you.

My parents stayed in the executive suite and really enjoyed it. They are a little larger with a sort of separate living room. That would be the upgrade I would go for.

My tip is try to check in at an off time, I waited inline for over an hour! It was kinda ridiculous.

7. ilovetogamble

ilovetogamble Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It all depends when you check in. Obviously when you check in later during the day and its a busy weekend you might be stuck at the farther end at the towers. They always assign the standard rooms when you check in. Its not too long of a walk but like i said before it can get annoying when you are bloated and tired.

I was satisfied with my stay in the new rooms. Like previously stated it is just a standard room. The bath tub is nothing spectacular. The curtains controls are next to the closet in the hall by the bathroom - everything is electronic now. And they also finally cleaned the darn windows during the renovation. Ask them for a free upgrade - sometimes it works.

Have a good time.

8. martydavies

martydavies Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you everyone, as long as the rooms are big enough for 2 of us and comfortable, I will be happy.

It doesn't hurt to ask for a free upgrade mind ;) which I will try upon check-in

When I booked my package it was only $5 per night to upgrade from a petite to a grand room (looks totally worth it)

9. bassman69

bassman69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am arriving at the MGM on the 12th, and i also have a new remodeled Grand King, thisis my first time staying at Mgm, have visited many times though.

So how far of a walk is it to the tram from these rooms?

10. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I stayed in a remodeled room in January I could NOT find the safe anywhere to save my life.

Of course, right before checkout I found it in the bottom drawer of one of the nightstands. Just FYI.

11. thespiritoftruth

thespiritoftruth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I found the safe alright, the first time atleast...threw my car/house keys in there as soon as I got there. A few great days in Vegas pass, I checkout, fly home (after getting delayed overnight in Atlanta) and when I finally get to my car at 10AM the next day (almost 24 hours after checking out) my car keys are no where to be found. :grrr: Talk about a WTF moment...I guess you really can't fix stupid. After my spare set of keys arrived a couple of hours later (thanks to the gf), my house/car keys arrived 3 days later in the mail. Painful lesson, but the safe definitely kept my keys safe, even from me. :eek:

12. bassman69

bassman69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow thanks for the update on the safe, im sure i wouldn't have found it either unitil checkout

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.