1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas What are you saving for?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by weazel03, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weazel03

weazel03 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only been playing for a few weeks (2.75 Million coin in, Lvl 40, 29,600 LPs) but am just wondering what rewards you are saving up for / look most appealing to you...

That is if you can ever get your hands on it.

2. B-Town

B-Town Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have redeemed for 4 rewards for my upcoming June trip: $75@ The Bar at Times Square, $50 F&B credit @ Monte Carlo, 2 Bellagio lunch buffets, and $150 for Circus Circus Steakhouse. I am most excited about the Steakhouse since it gets great reviews, but am happy that I will be saving money elsewhere too! My buddy that I am going with also will have 4 rewards, so we should have most meals free! If only our other buddy would have played too, we wouldn't pay for any meals.

3. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For my upcoming trip I have these already purchased:

2 Bellagio Buffets
    MGM Champagne Brunch Buffet
    $150 Steakhouse Dinner at Tender

I also have ~90,000 lps saved up.

I'm not sure what I'll use them on. I would go for the two free nights at The Mirage, but I feel like I can already get comped nights at other hotels based on my play.

So I'll just have to wait and see what I wanna use the 90k on for another future trip. But if the current trend contintues, the longer I wait, the worse the rewards being offered will get.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing in particular. I don't know when I will be back. I hope that when I do go back, there will be some better restaurant offers. I would love to use MyVegas to try the Steakhouse at Circus Circus. Otherwise, I will probably not worry about getting three redemptions and just get the best show I can. I have about 90k lps but I don't play daily so my balance will build slowly. Heck, I've been building MGM for a month and I am barely halfway through!

5. Blueberries

Blueberries Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not certain if these are obtainable for me, but top 2 on my list
    2 Tickets to Love
    Meal at a SteakHouse

6. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brunch at Border Grill

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've redeemed for Mirage Buffet, Luxor 1 night tower, and Crepe.

I'm saving for (at a trip TBD but awhile away still) 2 night city view room and the mirage weekend tower suite, most likely.

8. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubby and I have been playing since January. Have already used excalibur x2 weekend nights & excalibur buffet x2 for a quick trip in early april.

We have bought the $5 chip package each so get 4 in 30

Have booked / vouchers for July
    1x2 nights great room suite Mandalay Bay
    1x2 nights New York, New York spa suite
    $150 excalibur steak house
    $75 sporting house
    $50 nine fine Irishman

I have 80k lps so will hope to get $150 tender steakhouse over the next couple of days. I've learnt to try and 'buy' the rewards as soon as I have enough lps as they keep removing rewards or upping the prices.

After that we have 2 rewards left between us so will keep spinning and see what available in the week before we go. We are in vegas for 10 days so plenty of time to use rewards.

9. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just got back from Vegas and the only big thing we used was the Suite at Mandalay Bay. VERY worth it. Also got the Bellagio buffet and that was worth it. we got some free drinks here and there but in hindsight I'd probably skip them next time, unless nothing better comes along..........MLife lines take forever to get through......
    We decided we were going to save up points for a room for our July trip. Now that we have 3 nights at the MB for $39/night.......well crap, not sure what we'll do now LOL This is going to be a family trip, lots of lounging around the pool so probably a Terry Fator show and Shark Experience etc....

10. ddashner

ddashner Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have a trip planned yet, but I'm thinking I will use my points (currently 112,000 and climbing) for show tickets of some sort. Last time I used them for Carrot Top and some buffets. Carrot top was by far the better use of points (great show, second row seats). I actually think I will start playing on the wife's FB account too, and since that is a late start compared to mine (and presumably have a lower LP total barring any huge wins) we could use that for some food.

I don't think the rooms are worth it since we can stay free anyway based off of real world play. The only exception to that would be if we wanted to stay on strip or in a suite or something as our comps are basically Orleans or MSS. Usually we get some food comps too, but not so much as we can't put the MyVegas rewards to use there.

I figure if I can get 3 shows with mine and 3 buffets (or other dining options) with the wife's and then stay 3 nights with real world comps we are doing pretty good. The only costs would be airfare, ground transportation and gambling (which would also be somewhat lower than usual since our time would be taken up with the shows). Since we don't usually stay longer than 3 nights anyway it will make for a fairly affordable trip.

11. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just cashed in for nine fine Irishmen, secret garden passes, and a pretzel.

B

12. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only just succumbed to this 'MyVegas' thing on Facebook, but I am still totally clueless as to the finer points of the 'App', if that's in fact what it is?

I bought £50 worth of tokens to see what the deal was, I managed to turn that into about 300k, and then found the free tokens here!

I played for a few hours last night and have gotten to Level 30 with 940k of 1.1m for level 31

I'm just building the Bellagio too, and have amassed just under 17k of Loyalty Points.

I'm not going to Vegas until late June, so I have plenty of time to build them up. I work from home too, so I can click away whilst I'm working with no problems.

I mostly just drink when I'm in Vegas, well I occasionally play some poker too if I can peel myself away from the bar :rolleyes2:

I don't actually spend much time on the strip anymore, and will be staying at the Nugget for the 2weeks or so I'm in town this summer. I had a quick look and couldn't really see much in the way of offers for downtown.

Is everything you can obtain purely strip based, or is there some other stuff you can get if you search around?

13. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't find anything downtown. All of the rewards are for hotels within the Mlife brand.

14. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are 3 of us with myVegas accts ;)....I redeemed for 2 night Mirage Tower Suite, 1 Bellagio Buffet, $150 CC Steakhouse. Husband redeemed for 2 night Mirage Tower Suite, 2 Bellagio Buffet (there are 4 of us going), Terry Fator Tickets. MIL's acct has redeemed for 1 Bellagio Buffet, Secret Garden pass for 2, 1 Mirage Buffet. All 3 accts are still playing for pts for NEXT year. At the rate that lps have increased since the start of this game I have a feeling we are going to need 1 million next year just to get a room. Only things I am interested in are rooms (that I want to stay in), shows (that I WANT to see) and dining. All of the drink offers and Cirque shows are useless to us...I only want to redeem for things that I either am too cheap to pay for OR things that I would have paid for without myVegas.

15. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm saving until it's close enough to my Vegas trip. They are good for 90 days, right?

16. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to have a look around at the rewards and go from there :thumbsup:

17. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's true for most prizes, but some have actual dates you have to use the prize before. Keep in mind (and this is something I learned from these boards) that you actually "redeem" the hotel rewards by making a reservation. My trip isn't until October, but when I had enough points in February to book two nights in a suite at Mirage, I booked it.

18. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know! haha. I spent a bunch already, I have almost 100k more. Thinking either the Border Grill meal or show tickets.

19. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm around 75K lps now and I don't gamble enough to get comped rooms, so I'd really like two nights somewhere nice. Up until a week or two ago they were offering two nights in a Mandalay Bay jacuzzi room for 100K, but that seems to be gone. I'm sure it will cost more if it returns. Anyone know what the deal with the non-Tower Mirage room is? Is that not a decent room? I've never stayed at the Mirage in all my years of going to Vegas.

Edit: Never mind. I now realize the "resort" room offered at Mirage is a standard room, while the more expensive option is a suite. I didn't realize it was a suite previously.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  20. veovis23

veovis23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now I have my eyes set on 2 nts at Aria, bottle service at Deuce Lounge, and probably a food comp. I may buy the $5 package to get an extra deal and given that the wife and SIL (her first Vegas trip) are coming this trip do something like a club entry or maybe Secret Garden/Shark Reef.

Sitting on 393k in Lps right now and trip isn't until July, so my plans may change. Especially if I use my Monte Carlo comp and don't use the Aria reward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.