1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Natedog TR 4/29-5/7 Wynn, Palazzo/Venetian

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by natedog666, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

It's only been about a month, but it seems like a year since the last trip. I've been showing my tournament win photos from the last trip to total strangers...sad and pathetic...very pathetic....

The plan for this trip is to do a short all guys trip. There will be two main groups of people, the Gamblers, and the HS reunion....about 12 people total...

There will be some overlap between my high school buddies, many of whom I haven't seen in years, and the gamblers, but I assume not many...

At the Wynn, I will have a baccarat tournament, as well as 750k worth of promo chips to play with from the last trip. For those that haven't read the last TR thread (I know it's really really long), I couldn't use the promo chips last time because I had a big loss at the Wynn with an 18% discount. If I had used the promo chips it would have counted as a win therefore costing me about 200k.

Pretty much the same reasoning this time behind not going to play much at the Wynn and concentrating all my play at the V/P. Since I plan on washing out the promo chips, by betting on both banker and player at baccarat (go player!), it will be around a 700k win for me. So there is little chance I get any loss discounts and they don't count for comps either. I'm curious what the host response at the Wynn will be, since they know the reasoning...will they ask for a CC at check in? (They usually don't for over 1m players since everything is covered, including tips).

The Wynn will be providing the Mayweather fight tickets for about 6 people, the tournament entry, a 2 bedroom fairway villa, and various restaurant comps, hopefully they don't go apeshit over the no-play/low-play. I've prepared a 3k tip for the host, and if they make me pay for some stuff I will just take it out of that envelope....as Beeejay would say, win/win!

For the Palazzo, they have me in a 4 bedroom super suite of some kind, I will post pictures since it is my first time. I wired 1m FM and they will give 2m line. The host from Taipei is flying in with me, so I guess there won't be any no-play or low-play going on :evillaugh

One interesting tidbit is the same host actually lost a small luggage of mine at their bell desk during the last trip. Lost a bottle of 1982 Lafite...and my tournament luck shirt...a little bummed but they said they will give me a few bottles to make up for it. Have anybody had luggage stolen from their luggage storage? Just curious because the host said that's the first time it's happened to her in all her years. She has the ticket but the luggage isn't there anymore...

Some activities planned for this trip...

Golf, Indoor Tennis, 4x4 off road, range 702, cabana pool drinking (i usually don't drink but hey it's HS reunion)

For shows I booked the X burlesque and Centerfolds of Magic for fun....any reviews?

For gambling....oh well....no rules....

Would be glad to join any meetups if I'm sober....

2. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also would appreciate some restaurant suggestions for V/P, not that familiar with the property.

Have only tried Carnevino once....

3. Hawaiianmark

Hawaiianmark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be there at the same time 5/1 on - See ya at the craps tables if you go there this round!

:nworthy:

4. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    love Delmonico Steakhouse.

5. RAWDAWG33

RAWDAWG33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And here I was already starting to get sad that beeejay and crew were almost done with their TR. In swoops Natedogg to brighten up my day! Have a great week!! Looking forward to following the TR.

6. saeldway

saeldway Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    V/P was my home for about 5 years. About 25 trips in that time. Here's my dining experiences

Carnevino is one of my favorites. Been there 5-6 times. Fantastic steak. Ask for the Riserva. Sometimes needs advance notice so maybe just ask the host to make a call.

CUT is good but I still prefer Carnevino.

Delmonico is a good restaurant, but it isn't what it used to be relative to the other steakhouses in the same property.

I don't like Sushi/Samba or Buchon

Postio is Wolfgang Puck in the shops. I like it for a Wolfgang restaurant.

My wife liked the seafood at Aquaknox a couple of times.

Zine Dim Sum was ok but I was ordering off the Gringo menu.

Those are my recommendations

7. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Come on 17!!! I actually just ht 17 for a quick 500 bucks at Resorts World by JFK today. Hit a bunch of traffic on way home from METs game and dipped in.
    6 spins, in and out. Best of luck Nate.

8. Dr. Dollars

Dr. Dollars Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can someone explain the algebra of nate's freeplay manuever on baccarat?

Good luck Natedog, thanks fot another TR.

9. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woohoo another Natedogg trip report.

I hope to be in town on Friday for a concert at the Hard Rock. I want planning on any gambling but perhaps now ill have to come by the V/P for some craps.

10. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What time you arriving? I'm headed to airport at prob 330pm?

11. oldcrabtom

oldcrabtom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome back big guy, let the fun begin!!!!!:nworthy:

12. Burt

Burt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    His logic is based on per 1,000 decisions banker wins 507, while player wins 493. He is flushing promo chips with the least amount of loss. Example 493x$3750=$1848750 507x$3750=$1901250 subtract 1901250-1848750=52,500 a loss of $52,500. By playing banker and player the theoretical loss is about $52,500. He now has approximately $700,000 in United States currency.

13. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not that complicated. When player wins he pays no commission. When banker wins he pays 5%. The more player wins the more cash he ends up with.

14. geoff

geoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait to follow along. Good Luck!

15. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    might try to watch Nate play this weekend! Can't wait for the TR!

16. Tinker

Tinker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HS reunion? Did you go to school in the states? Just curious

17. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ate 3 times at Grand Lux in the past 24 hours! lol. guessing a pedestrian chain like that isn't what you are looking for, but damn they have great food. :beer:

19. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $750k in freeplay. I just spit milk through my nose.

20. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you did the steak thing before how about Bouchon at V. Last time I was there I had a roasted chicken which doesn't sound sexy but was to die for. Not as flashy as the 16 oz steak but if you are looking for a change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.