1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

So I changed my mind yet AGAIN

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Shelbymae, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well actually.....THE D changed my mind for me...they raised the rate for my saturday arrival....from 79 to 109....So I booked that night at 4 queens for 69 and told the other ladies to make up thier minds before they change our Sun-Thurs rates. Can anyone tell me if Four Queens has coffee makers...or is it the keurig machine that you get charged to use?
    Kicking myself for not booking earlier but was doing that "wait and see" thing.

2. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It may have changed, but the last time I stayed at Four Queens they had coffee makers in the room with packages of regular & decaf (1 each) daily. Standard drip type w. filters.

3. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I stayed at 4-Queens, I left a $5 bill on the pillow after my first night, along with a note that asked for extra 'regular' coffee and no de-caf.
    Later that day I was back in the room and I had four packs of regular coffee, which continued for the rest of my stay!!

Always worth a try!
    :beer:

4. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!!! I will carry my own special blend, and some filters, I am not a person that likes to have to leave my room before the first pot of coffee...

5. VegasRandy

VegasRandy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't you just hate when you wait a day too long and the rate skyrockets??

It has happened to me too many times to count.

6. Timchuk

Timchuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's awesome when 5 bucks gives ya extra supplies. Makes you feel at home.

7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I change my mind often and so do the prices

Shelby, your trip is still four and a half months away so don't be surprised if prices change again. The D was showing $79.00 for my Friday & Saturday night for months, so I booked the El Cortez. A couple weeks ago the D dropped down to $49.00 so I cancelled the El Cortez and am staying at the D again. We liked it there last year.

8. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was hoping that might be the case, but I was informed that it was NFL opening weekend and that was why everything on the strip was so high...so didnt figure the prices would come down any...I booked all 5 nights at 4 queens with a special of 3rd night free. Total for stay other than the sat night is cheaper than anyplace on the strip for just sat night. (Saturday Sept 7th)

9. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although my basic South Tower room from last week had a coffee maker, the outlet where it and a lamp were plugged in had no power. Made me wonder how long it had been a problem. Left a note for housekeeping and told a clerk at checkout, but my guess is that it still doesn't. The phone in the room was missing most of its buttons, just a bunch of pins sticking through the holes. Although I like the Four Queens, it's sad that totally obvious stuff is ignored.

10. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am bitchy enough that I would be screaming for a different room...( my coffee withdrawl could make my hissy fit worse) I have found that in many hotels/motels that the older they are the worse they are for having outlets readily enough for todays technology such as computers, tablets, I-pods and cell phones to charge. It cant be as bad as "The Quad" I hope...LOL

11. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Outlets at the four queens are few and far between. I took the coffee maker to the bathroom and plugged it in there.

12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm confused at how the property could raise your rate, didn't you have a booked reservation?

13. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No smartone....I was playing that "wait and see game" and got burned....I was almost ready to book, but was waiting another few days until the other ladies in my group made up their minds also....(learned my lesson there)

14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, as long as there is a full cancellation policy, it's usually best to "book now; cancel later". I won't be shocked if prices fall a bit ~6 weeks out.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  15. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    do you think prices would fall from the 33-35 per night that they are already? I dont see that...and if they would havppen to fall a few dollars, I dont think they would honor the 3rd night free that they are now. A few of the people in my group have not booked yet, so I sure hope the prices dont rise for them....BUT THEY HAVE BEEN INFORMED...LOL

16. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presuming you don't have status, that's a great deal with the 3rd night free. Don't sweat it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.