1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Zarkana at Aria compared to its NYC run??

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by longislander615, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longislander615

longislander615 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone, on my next trip to Vegas I was thinking about possibly seeing Zarkana, but previously saw it during its run in NY City's famed Radio City Music Hall.

Has anybody seen Zarkana both at Radio City (New York) AND at Aria?
    Do you know if the show/acts were modified at all now that they have a permanent venue in which to work.

I am wondering if the show is different enough to make it worth seeing again. Don't get me wrong, I loved the NY show, but with so much to see in Vegas, if its an exact copy I may put it on the back burner for a while and see other stuff.

2. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe your answer depends on which NYC version you saw. It originally had English song lyrics, but after a few months of tours overseas, it returned to New York with the lyrics replaced by Cirque gibberish, along with cast replacements, a shorter running time and the intermission removed.

So, which version did you see? The Vegas version is close to the altered NYC version.

3. longislander615

longislander615 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for your prompt, quick response Sammasseur!

I saw the original run before it went to Russia/overseas and they hadn't yet switched from English to Cirquish (as I think they like to call it). I never actually knew they got rid of the English singing- does the show have less of the "rock opera" feel now that they were originally shooting for?

Have you seen both versions, Sammasseur? If so, which did you prefer?

4. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, I've only seen the Aria version. I didn't get that "rock opera" vibe that they were shooting for. I wasn't a fan at all. Much better Cirque shows in town to choose from, and one infinitely worse. I'd put it on the back burner for awhile and see something else.

5. longislander615

longislander615 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Sammasseur, I ended up deciding to get Mystere tix. Already seen O, Zumanity, Love, and Ka. Once I run out of cirque shows tho, don't know what I'll see next!

6. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe!

7. aperez1988

aperez1988 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't seen the NYC show but I've seen the Vegas show. I'll be honest the show wasn't all that great, almost fell asleep a few times. The digital effects look really fake and cheesy.. 2005 CGI :(

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my friends saw it in nyc at radio city and said it wasnt that great.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.