1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hourly Limo Rental- Help Needed

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by OhioStateAlum, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Making the annual trip in a few weeks. The plan for one of the weekend nights is to start off at either Foundation Room or Mix, both at Mandalay Bay. What I'd like to do is get a limo for an hour at about 10pm or so, leave MB and go north up the strip, get to Wynn/Encore, turn around, then head south down the strip and end our hour at Bellagio and catch the fountains before they're turned off for the night. Couple questions.

-Is an hour enough time to make that loop?
    -Will the limo fit 8 people?
    -Is the final price the hourly rate(let's say $75 just for examples sake) plus the tip? Or is it like a cab, where it is the initial rate, then you're charged for how far you go, how long you're in it, etc
    -Is there any issue with bringing a bottle of liquor or two along with us on the ride?
    -Any suggestions on which company to use? Please include price so I can compare.

Thanks in advance!

2. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're welcome

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest Presidential as the company of choice!

4. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 for Presidential. When in Vegas with the GF I'll get them to pick us up at the airport (Yes with one of those little signs with your name on it :D) and there's a red rose in the back of the limo for her, and a bottle of champgane for us to share on the way to the hotel. I always ask to stop off at a walgreens to pickup some supplies and the drivers are always willing to oblige. Also the package comes with limo to the airport when you leave. All for $140 or so, not a bad deal IMO...

5. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies so far guys. I checked out the links in the transportation options sticky at the top of this section and Presidential by far looked the most professional and seemingly had the best price as well. I appreciate the info regarding the airport pickup, but our group will all be flying in from different parts of the country and at different times so that can't happen for us. I figured we'd need two cabs once we leave MB anyway, so why not do a limo? We have a couple first timers as well, so seeing the strip all lit up from a limo the first night will be a neat experience. As I'm looking at it, it says $80/hour (we'll only need one hour) + $5/hour for a gas surcharge, then tip. What's an appropriate tip for this? I was thinking in the $30/$40 dollar range but I could be way low. And will that be my final, grand total? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm footing the bill for this as a gift to the others and always like to know what I'll be spending (as well as avoiding any surprises when it comes time to book).

Again, thanks to everyone! This board is a gold mine for people with only a few trips under their belt

6. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $30 should be more than plenty I think.

7. thebucket

thebucket VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I generally treat $20/hour as a baseline limo driver tip, more if they are extra good or do something special.

8. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are all great questions and I am glad I now have the answers...

My next trip just keeps getting better thanks to this board.

:beer:

9. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidential will take great care of you. $20 tip for one hour is fine.

Enjoy! :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.