1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Public House- Anybody Been There?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vegas4pools, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Public House @ Venetian Palazzo
    Who has been recently?! I read about how great this place is a while back. Hope it hasn't lost any pizazz. Going for the brews! Any favorites?! How's the menu everybody? Looks delish.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  2. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in there in October, I was the only person in there at 1130 in the morning, the barman was saying it had been quiet all that week and that the level of business was directly related to what conferences were on next door at the Sands center suggesting few people who weren't staying at the hotel visited.

It seemed a nice enough venue, with only a single tv screen showing sports (for good or ill). I didn't eat anything but the beer was good although it doesn't have a huge inventory of drafts that other beer centric places do, but this might allow them to focus on quality over quantity.

Easter 2024
  3. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to the one at the Venetian, but I was very disappointed with the food at the one at the Luxor. My musselsmtasted like they had spent hours under a heat lamp and I didn't even finish my burger (overcooked, stale bun). The atmosphere and the beer list were good though. I would return for beer, but not for food.

4. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am lead to believe there is no relationship between the similarly named "Public House" venues in Luxor and Venetian.

Easter 2024
  5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true. I asked when we visited the Venetian version in February. Good beer selection, fantastic charcuterie plate. And terrible wait staff service. I wouldn't return (we went because we were there for a convention and we love good beer:peace:)

6. colpuck

colpuck Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They had me right up until I saw it was 7.00 for a PBR.

7. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there once (at the bar). I had one Sam Smith's Pale Ale, and two appetizers: mussels and poutine. Here's a summary of what I wrote at the time:
    I liked Public House's atmosphere, and would consider returning for a beer or two. However, my first experience makes me wary of ordering food again. The problem may lie in expectations. Describing itself as a gastropub, I expected restaurant quality food; I got bar quality food. It might be best to order a small snack to go with your beer, and eat dinner elsewhere.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.