1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shuttle service

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mdmilburne, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdmilburne

mdmilburne Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time in Vegas flying in on Sunday and we are staying at the Palazzo. What is the best why to get to and from the airport? Is there a better shuttle company? Does these shuttles stop at every hotel or are there direct hotel shuttles? Looks like Limo's are expensive what about cabs? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mark this is a common question here. If you are alone, shuttles offer an inexpensive safe trip where you don't have to worry about paying while you are stuck in a traffic jam or getting longhauled. However, they go to several hotels so some trips you might be the first stop and next time the 4th. People sometimes say they don't want to wait for the shuttle to fill up. I have never been in a shuttle where we had to wait for it to fill up and I started timing the driver from when I handed my luggage to him til we started moving and most times it was under 10 minutes. When I am in LV, I am on vacation and I don't want to rush anywhere; I can do that at home. I don't mind seeing the other hotels, the back entrances etc.; it is relaxing after cramped on a plane from NH for 7 hours. If you buy a rountrip ticket you call them the evening before to make reservations and they give you a choice of times. Lots of folks get nervous about this. However, I always allow to be at the airport at least 2 hours, and allow for the shuttle ride. I have my cell and if the shuttle isnt there 10-15 minutes from the time given I am on the phone to the office. They will tell you where the shuttle is and the estimated time til pickup. Some people just prefer to use cabs or shuttle out and cab back.

That being said, if there are 2 of you, the cab ride will probably b e close to the cost of 2 shuttle tickets, probably faster besides. More than 2 would make it even cheaper. I now stay downtown and take the bus there from the airpost for a buck and it takes about 28 minutes after boarding but they mostly depart hourly. When I shuttled I used Gray Line the last several times and found them to be good. The other day someone also recommended Executive Shuttle. Hope this helps a bit. Have a good trip!

Jimbo338

3. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shuttles are cheaper for sure but one trip I asked the driver if the Gold Coast stop would be fast along his route and he lied to me.Turned out to be the Last stop after seeing the strip and all that offers.Must have been 40 minutes in daytime traffic and by then I needed to piss bad to put it bluntly..Finally arrived at the GC and the guy expected a tip for pulling the remaining bag out of the back for me..Not this trip pal.. (Left my bag in lobby area and hit the bathroom,luckily knew the closest there whew)
    Live and learn in Vegas all the time..This was the ODC shuttle.
    Now I cab it and play the Tunnel or no Tunnel deal..But I like keeping sight of my bag,the shuttle you have to depend on the driver and passengers as they pick up the right bag from the back.

4. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are traveling other than JetBlue which has its own hub, you can get the Executive Shuttle at Exit #8 and #9 when arriving. At the JetBlue terminal there is a shuttle service too I forgot the name. They both cost $7. If you are heading back to the airport head to Harrahs to catch the Executive Shuttle. From personal experience please do not buy the round trip even though you save like a buck. This is because you may miss your flight as the shuttle maybe late or not show up at all. The cab is a rip off because you are going to pay upwards of $35 as the driver is going to take the "long" way with many stop signs and drag your arrival to squeeze as much $$$ as possible. As for a limo, never used one but if you want to, enjoy the experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.