1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Music- pretty good stuff acappella

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lExW80sXsHs?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, you have way too much time on your hands. :poke:
    Awesome voices although the dude with the glasses has a somewhat "unnatural" voice. At first I thought he was singing falsetto but when he spoke at the end his voice is very high. :confused2:

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't find half of this stuff, it is just forwarded to me by other people who have too much time on their hands:evillaugh

That being said, it has been raining here for 10 days and I'm ready to start building the ark. Can't do anything outside, TV sucks, so what's left is the "Internets". Forecast is for another 4 inches. The entire SE WI area is under a flood watch. My sump pump is running every 18 seconds.:cry:

Vegas on Saturday is going to feel so good! Forecast 90 degrees.:thumbsup:

Now I just have to stop worrying about the sump. I have a backup pump in the same crock and a 18 KV Generac that kicks in if we have a power failure. Still it is hard to put out of my mind when we travel.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They were really impressive on the Sing Off. I am kinda surprised that no Vegas venue has rolled the dice on giving some acappella groups a show. The Sing Off has showcased some interesting ones and there are some others that have a following. I don't think that it's something that you could give a long term run to but it could be a good draw for shorter term runs.

5. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After watching The Sing-Off and being impressed by them, I saw Pentatonix live last year and was even more impressed. They're really a great group of kids who are having a blast and ridiculously talented. I wish them great success and encourage you to see them if they come to your town!

6. DK528

DK528 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Pentatonix here in NYC and they're pretty incredible -- esp the bass and beatboxer.

While a Vegas hotel hasn't given an a capella group a residency, the other pretty mainstream group, Straight No Chaser, was in AC for summer 2010 and summer 2011 at Harrahs performing 5 nights/week for 2+ months. Not sure how successful they were but I saw them a few times and I'm a big fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.