1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First Stay at the Comsmopolitan

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Check-Raise, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Fiance and I are getting married in August, in February we are going on a honeymoon to Aruba, but we decided we want to take a week off after the wedding and go somewhere fun as a sort of pre-honeymoon :thumbsup:

I took her to Vegas for the first time last June/July and she had a blast, so SHE recommended vegas for our pre-honeymoon!! Needless to say I've been trying to plan out logistics and make some reservations before she changes her mind lol

I decided it would be fun, though fairly unnecessary (but c'mon.. it's vegas.. lol everything is unnecessary) to book a Wraparound Terrace suite at the Cosmo. I've played here before but never stayed in a room. Does anyone have tips on things to ask for and things to avoid when staying here? We're going to arrive on Sunday since our relatives will be leaving town and then we are staying until Saturday (need Sunday at home to recover :poke: )

What's cosmo's pool situation? Do they have multiple? Where are the located? What is the atmosphere? Recommend getting daybeds if you want to relax and read?

The fiance also wants to hit up Mandalay Bay's pool so maybe we'll stay in a TheHotel suite for a couple days at the end.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Multiple pools on different levels. I didn;t check them out when I stayed there last year, though.

The general atmosphere of the property, however, is a younger crowd ready to party. I assume the pools are the same. They also have quite a few concerts at one of the pools, so check out the Cosmo calendar before you book any daybeds.

I enjoyed the two nights I stayed there. Depending on the location of your room, it can be quite a walk to the front of the property and the Strip, so be ready for that. Enjoy!

I Need Spa
  3. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great hotel and u are going to have a lot of fun. If staying in a wraparound, try to get a view facing the fountains preferable in east tower.They have 3 different pool areas.
    1. Marquee dayclub that is open for the public as well.
    2. Bamboo pool which is quieter and more for relaxing-
    3. Blvd pool which got great views over the strip but still gets a pretty god party vibe especially on weekends but not as rowdy as marquee. For hotel guest only.

4. DrStuPrice

DrStuPrice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first Cosmo stay is coming up soon! If I am unable to get an east facing room, what's like second best?

5. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The west tower facing the B is great also. I loved the terrace suite and they are all located in the west tower with stunning views. Its just if staying in a wraparound it would be nice to have a side facing the strip as well as a side facing the fountains. Also if you dont like walking the east tower is closer to the strip and most of the restaurants and bars.

6. DrStuPrice

DrStuPrice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in a terrace studio. Is this the same thing? Does this mean I won't be able to get a fountain view in the east tower?

7. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not at all. U can get them in both towers just tell them at check in were u prefer to stay. Its only the terrace suites that are located in the west tower but all of them have fountain views so i would think there would be more of the terrace studios in the east tower with a view facing north.

8. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to call Cosmo on this

Seeing as how hey advertise bt a "Terrace Suite" and a "Terrace Suite Fountain View," I'm pretty sure that you won end up looking at the fountain without he strat money when booking.

You could always try the $20 trick, but success rates seem low at Cosmo

9. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All Terrace Suites are suites, and all are fountain view. They are all in the West Tower. Terrace studios have both fountain view and non fountain view, and are in both towers.

10. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call them

if it is your honeymoon they will likely want to make it special & honor your request!
    They also often offer upgrades for a minimal nightly fee.

11. longislander615

longislander615 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was at Cosmo in March the $20 trick got me upgraded from a Terrace Suite to a Wraparound for 4 nights (west tower facing Bellagio and Marquee). It's worth a try!!

12. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked a wraparound terrace suite, they asked if I wanted a premium or non-premuim view room... The non-premium she said is a view of the south strip and/or mountains, depends on which room you get, the premium is ofc the fountains. It was a difference of about $50+ a night to have a premium room, I opted for the non-premium and figured if I have the courage to try it, I can do a $20 trick at checkin and mention it's our honeymoon to see if I can get a fountain view, if not, whatever, maybe a mountain view will be cool for a change? Always had strip views..

Tried using my identity card on their website while booking, that didn't work so I called them, they said the interface was down but she quoted my rooms at $50 less per night than the website. The only play that I put on that identity card was the $100 matching, of which they got $10-orso and my fiance and I got 4 drinks (combined)! Pretty sweet deal :)

I got a Wraparound Terrace Suite at the beginning of August for $280 a night, I'm quite content with that :)

13. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look at what price u can get a terrace suite for. I rather have a terrace suite (all of the have fountain view) then a wraparound with view facing the other way. The terrace suite is a little bit smaller with 910sq. ft compared to the 1200sq. ft but still plenty enough space when going there as a couple. I much rather take the view then the extra space and the bigger balcony.

14. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I've never stayed in the wrap around, but have stayed in the terrace suite and the regular terrace room.
    I'd agree that if I had the option I'd choose the guaranteed fountain view over the wrap around.

That being said, when I walked into the regular terrace room I thought we'd been upgraded to a lower end suite. It was much larger than I thought it would be and if I had to pay for a room I'd definitely just get the regular terrace room.

15. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there with a couple of friends for 9 nights last summer. So for me the extra space in the terrace suite was well worth it for me and my gf. We always ended up having people over for drinks in the suite so it was nice to have your own separate bedroom and bathroom. I think the regular rooms that some of my friends were staying in was very nice, but we all agreed that the terrace suite was well worth it. Also having a full kitchen with a big fridge to store drinks in it, washer dryer, microwave etc is very nice to have, especially for a longer stay.

16. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a little heads-up . . . if any of you are Marriott Platinum use your membership number at check-in and you'll get all the perks of Marriott Rewards (hospitality room in the morning with coffee, juice, snacks, etc. -- free internet -- complimentary buffets -- and room upgrade). The room upgrade will often (TELL them it's what you want) come in the form of getting the fountain view.

Also, if you are Marriott Platinum be sure to check in at the Platinum desk (it's at the end of the general check-in, over by the Vesper Bar).

Enjoy your stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.