1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tell me about Cleopatra's Barge

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by DonnyC, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone been to Cleopatra's Barge in Caesars Palace?

Sounds like it opens at 10:00pm until 4:00 am.

What is the best time to show up?
    What are drink prices like?
    Is it worth the stop?
    Is it a place to spend the evening or just grab a few drinks?

2. dodgydave

dodgydave Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a very good place to meet new people, and perhaps make friends.:wink2:

3. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has got to be one of the longest running bars in Vegas (besides DT bars).. I remember it from it as far back as 1983. I think it has been open since 1970.

4. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it seems that it is very popular with 'professional women' ;)

5. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My parents ate (if I remember correctly they did serve food there) there on their honeymoon in the late 70s lol. I like hearing my dad's description of that time and what Vegas looked like. I believe they had front row seats to Cher for like $15 a piece too.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ITs crawling with ladies of the night!! The drink prices are high, I think we were paying like $13 or $15 for a vodka and cranberry. Nice place though, but just like everyplace else in Caesars, its expensive.

7. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cleopatra's Barge is where older folks go to party.

8. AOchoa95

AOchoa95 Low-Roller

Hey! I'm about to resemble that remark. LOL!

9. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :)

To be clear - I'm slamming the place and I'm sure it can be a lot of fun. Vegas would be boring if it catered to only one type of person.

10. AOchoa95

AOchoa95 Low-Roller

So true! Coming in June to celebrate two events. First one my youngest boy turns 21, the second being my oldest graduating from Cal. Along with my two other boys, three nephews and two of our cousins. So it shall be quite interesting. Oldest your's truly 44 the youngest 21. The only reason I go there is for good luck. Then out the door.

11. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's always been traditionally old school kinda music. Last time I was there was a few years ago. They broke out a lot of old school 80's stuff like Kool and the Gang, Commodores...stuff like that. Traditionally, there is no cover and you can actually sit at a table without having to pay VIP or whatever for it. It's an older crowd and the cougars will be out! Tiny dance floor and it slightly rocks from the weight of the people on the dance floor. Barge...rocking ship....get it? They tend to have a cover band for periods of the nite, who'll play stuff like " come along and ride on a fantastic voyage..." It's a very fun place to stop and dance with abandon. No posers there, but not a place as your one destination for the night. They drink prices rival what you'd pay at XS or Hyde so you'd take a bite in that aspect. The people watching is second to none. You'll have some lame-os thinking they're dolled up as they dress in what was cool decades ago. That being said, the crowd will be a mix. It just skews older. I personally think it's a fun place to stop and worth going at least once to experience it.

12. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoping to have the time to stop in and check this out this weekend. Not looking good though... :cry: damn city has to much to do and see :cry: :beer:

13. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say it is a good place for over 45ish. it used to be a drink minimum, not sure anymore. Live bands playing most of the time, with kinda a dj between sets. It is a cozy kinda place, you sit on land, and dance on the barge

14. VP PLAYER

VP PLAYER Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good place

Well free entry is always a great thing, a place to sit down without taking a loan for a bottle service is always a great deal in Vegas. They have music and dancing and it can get crowded. It's a fun mixed crowd of 25 to 50 ish. Had fun there I am sure you will. The Seahorse bar is a great VP bar to start at before hitting this club. :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.