1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Spa on the Strip for my Wife?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by north east j, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

Was going to title this 'Best Strip Spa for my wife' but I think that belongs in a different area....:evillaugh

Want to surprise her when we go down next month - stay at MGM props (Mirage, Monte Carlo) but want to send her to the 'best' spa I can. Doesn't matter if it's CET or MGM or any other place....

Any suggestions? She likes the full treatment - before and after treatment areas to lounge and relax as well..

Any recommendations or 'stay aways'?

2. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sent my fiance to Qua at Ceasar's Palace. This place has some pretty nice amenities including a cold bath (pool), warm and hot, a steam room, a sauna and a snow room or something like that (it's cold and snows in there I think?).

They also have a tea room with tea and fruit to enjoy while you wait or finish up. The treatments are a bit more expensive than other places, it's where they make up some of their money since the rest of the stuff is really cheap (like $35 for a day pass or something). But, if she just plans on going once or twice and getting one or two things while she's there, it's not too bad. My fiance spent about 5 hours in there while I played in a Megastack series tournament and she had a great time, I think she would want me to recommend it.

3. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is really (REALLY) into the spas, she's been in almost all of them, I've joined her on occasion a few times. She rates these as her top 4, in this order:

1. Qua Baths at CP
    2. Spa in Encore
    3. Spa in Aria
    4. Canyon Ranch at Venetian

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to the SPA in the same hotel you are staying at elevates the experience. Having to go on a long walk to get to another spa is counter productive.

I would strongly suggest you consider the hotel you are staying at - assuming it has a decent spa.

5. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two more votes for the spa at Encore and Canyon Ranch, in that order.

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Canyon Ranch at Venetian is wonderful. I also really enjoyed Bathhouse at THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, it's more of a modern vibe.

7. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True and a good point. We are at the Mirage then Monte Carlo. Haven't really seen anything super positive for either of them - and Venetian/Caesars are right next door to Mirage....

...I would (of course) just drive her right up to the door if it was any further. My Momma taught me better than that!

8. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info!

Of those 4, is there any that has a marked difference cost wise? They all seem pretty much similar as far as I can see - has that been your experience as well?

9. luvzmuzik

luvzmuzik Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Qua. Gotta do it at least once. Quite the experience.

10. Jonnyvegas

Jonnyvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    staying at venetian tomorrow. do they ever have any kind of specials?

11. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandarin Spa gets our vote.

12. david44143

david44143 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my wife loves Canyon Ranch at the Venetian

13. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm very interested in this topic. My wife loves spas, but has never been to a spa in Vegas. Of course, on the web sites they all look like paradises, but in real life, who knows. Maybe you'll get some bored employee who pouts and ruins the ambience, or they rush you around, or whatever. Some good first-hand accounts here would be welcomed by many.

By the way, what about the Wynn's spa? Nobody has mentioned it. It was supposed to be the first spa in Vegas to win a Forbes Five Star award, whatever that is. Next time we go to Vegas we'll probably stay at the Wynn, so I was just wondering. And that's definitely a good point about using the one in the hotel you're staying in!

14. Corsair66

Corsair66 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife usually alternates between Canyon Ranch at Venetian and the Bellagio spa. I've done the couple's treatment at the latter with her (and will be doing it again next month) and it was fantastic.

Ken

15. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recommend Qua in CP also...

Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  16. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynns spa is great and on par with many of the spa´s mentioned in this tread. But i would go over to Encore instead which has a slightly bigger spa in a nicer setting. Imo Encore has the best spa on the strip but i guess its a matter of taste and preference and u cant really go wrong with either one. But if staying at Wynn there is no reason go further then Encore but im sure u will be very happy with Wynns spa as well.

17. glmrgirl717

glmrgirl717 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Qua Spa is my happy place on earth! I dream about going back, so I would definitely recommend them!

18. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it possible pay to get a day of spa access at Qua without getting a service done there and without staying at Caesars ??

19. tldbucs

tldbucs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Encore and Aria are my wife's favorites.

20. glmrgirl717

glmrgirl717 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, absolutely! I believe the day pass is $40. And it is the best $40 you will ever spend in Vegas. As a side note though, if you go Monday-Thursday, there is usually a 20% discount on some of their services. So a classic massage would run you around $110 (or $70 if you factor in what you were paying for the day pass!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.